DES Recertification is required every two years due to the rapidly changing nature of technology, virtual and digital events.
An active Digital Event Strategist certification shows industry peers, customers, and employers your continued commitment to staying ahead of the latest trends and continuing to grow as an events professional in the face of massive change in our industry.
Recertifying will also allow you to access and share your active certificate with your network, using the Sertifier verification platform.
Don’t lose your standing in the distinguished DES community—recertify today!
Check your certification status with Sertifier
- 10 educational clock hours
- Relevant to the planning/production of virtual or hybrid events
- Outside your own work experience
- Completed since your graduation or last recertification
- $150 USD Recertification fee
- You’ll be prompted to submit payment following approval of your submission (1-2 business days).
PCMA offers a variety of relevant, timely educational content that is eligible for CE credit. Check out our Event Data Strategy Certificate, our Event Accessibility Certificate, or any of our DES-approved PCMA webinars. These can be accessed by navigating to PCMA’s on-demand library and filter the Event/Series and selecting Digital Event Strategy
Once you have watched approved DES content, it will be automatically added to your PCMA CE transcript.
- Locate your PCMA CE transcript.
Your CE transcript can be located in your PCMA dashboard’s navigation bar as shown below.
Or, find it in the “Profile” drop-down menu once you’ve signed in as shown below.
2. Open/Print PDF, sign and scan/save.
3. Complete the Recertification Form below and upload the signed PDF transcript to submit your recertification request.
If you’re submitting educational webinars, events, or activities that are not hosted or affiliated with PCMA, you can still receive CE credits towards your recertification by manually completing the Recertification Submission Form.
- Download and complete the Recertification Submission Form, which includes the following:
- Providing organization’s name
- Date of event
- Length of time of the event
- Clock hours earned
- Session title
- Session description
- Upload the Recertification Submission Form and one additional supplemental document showing either a registration confirmation or a payment receipt after completing the form below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
After you submit your application, you can expect to hear back from us within 1-2 business days regarding its status. If it is approved, you will receive an email prompting you to submit the above-mentioned recertification fee, after which you will receive your updated credentials via Sertifier within another 1-2 business days. If it is not approved, further instructions will be provided.
After the 2 year deadline has passed, your DES certificate is no longer active. No further penalties apply, but we encourage you to follow our recertification reminder emails, stay on time, and maintain your knowledge base within the industry.
It’s recommended that you submit your application 1 week before your deadline to allow time for the approval process.
If you have questions about whether or not certain educational webinars or activities will qualify for your recertification submission, email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help.