“Mentorship and career development were core values for Chris. When an individual was struck by a life challenge, an illness, loss of a loved one, or damage from a disaster, he was the first to reach out with an offer of support and would enlist others in this effort as well.” – Paul Pomerantz, American Society of Anesthesiologists Chief Executive Officer
Chris Wehking, Business Events Executive, wanted to provide opportunities and experiences for those around him. He wanted to touch the lives of others. This scholarship is in honor of Chris and his commitment and service to fellow members of the events industry. This scholarship is available for up to one (1) student and two (2) business event professionals who have shown how they have excelled at being leaders in their school and/or work life.
- $5,000 education or continuing education stipend
- Complimentary registration, round-trip airfare (up to $400) and four (4) nights housing at 2023 PCMA Convening Leaders in Columbus, OH
- Unique engagement opportunities with industry leaders Three years of complimentary PCMA membership
- Participate in at least one (1) volunteer opportunity offered by PCMA for three years after the scholarship is awarded
- Participate in structured meet ups designed for scholarship winners at PCMA events such as Convening Leaders and EduCon (virtual or in person) and informal (virtual or in person) meet ups with industry professionals
- Be open to participating in marketing and promotional opportunities for the scholarship, including providing updates as to how receiving this scholarship has impacted your career