Q4 Spark: Horizons: Workplace Innovation in Ever Changing Waters
October 14 @ 12:30 pm– 6:00 pm EDT
Join us for PCMA Capital Chapter’s Hybrid Q4 Spark – Horizons: Workplace Innovation in Ever Changing Waters. On Thursday, October 14th at The Garden Alexandria. Where people work and how well they work (remotely or together) is just the tip of the iceberg “as we navigate the yet-uncharted waters”. How would you prefer to be sailing into 2022? Let’s start the new journey across the waters by fostering an innovative workplace. When leadership cultivates the intelligence, skills, and passion of everyone in the organization, everybody creates, everybody is connected, and everybody contributes. Our Q4 Spark will highlight three paths of innovation in the workplace for the hospitality industry in a ever-changing environment:
- Understand the level of engagement and culture – As the COVID vaccine takes hold, and workplaces ramp back up, employers will need to reconnect with employees to gauge the level of engagement.
- Heightened diversity and inclusion focus – Now is the time to improve multicultural competence, evaluate and expand training, include millennials in the discussions, and rethink the interview process.
- The gig economy will continue to grow – An economy based on independent contractors can translate into cost savings for employee benefits, office space, and overhead, while bringing skills and competency to the organization.
12:30 PM Registration Opens
12:45–1:30 PM Capital Connections
This is not just another cheesy networking reception. Okay, maybe it’s a little cheesy. We are partnering with The Boards for our first ever Capital Connections opening networking event at Spark on October 14. We are kicking off our last Spark event of the year with a curated forum for everyone to get to know each other better, learn about important updates from the chapter, and more. Our in-person audience at The Garden in Alexandria, Virginia will get to personally experience a delicious assortment of personal gourmet charcuterie and the virtual audience on the Performedia platform will join in for tips and tutorials on building your perfect board at home from Travis Peterson, President and Co-Founder of The Boards himself. Come prepared to learn, exchange ideas, and have some fun!
1:30–2:30 PM Opening Keynote
2:30–2:45 PM Networking Break
2:45–3:30 PM Workplace Innovation Panel
3:30–3:45 PM Networking Break
3:45–4:30 PM Innovation Case Studies
4:30–6:00 PM Wine and Welding Reception (In-person only)
Spark is taking on a whole new meaning at our Wine and Welding reception this October! Break out of your typical routine with a fun and creative opportunity to bond with your chapter colleagues and learn a new unique skill. The team at Building Momentum will lead us through an innovative and hands-on workshop where we will each create a personal welded name plate to take home as a keepsake. Safety gear will be provided, but please wear closed toed shoes and pants. We will end the day with conversation, connection, and literal sparks of creativity flying!
This event is eligible for 4.5 CE credits.
All Access Passholders: This event is included in your pass. Please contact email@example.com if you have not received your discount code.
*To attend in person, there will be an additional $15 fee.
The student rate to attend this event is normally $5, but we are currently offering a limited number of student scholarships to attend this event for free! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
In-person space is limited.
Registration closes October 12th at 5pm!
The safety and wellbeing of our colleagues is a top priority for the Capital Chapter, therefore we will be implementing the following guidelines:
- Proof of full vaccination will be required and verified prior to entrance. Unfortunately, with the current transmission rates we will not be offering in-person access with proof of negative COVID-19 test results for non-vaccinated people. We do invite and encourage anyone to join us via the virtual platform and receive the full content of the event including CE credits.
- The Capital Chapter and The Garden Alexandria are following the CDC recommendations and requiring attendees to wear masks indoors unless actively eating or drinking.
- Protect yourself by frequent hand washing and minimizing face touching.
- Do NOT attend if feeling ill or if you have had any recent COVID-19 exposure.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Capital Connection Sponsor