“Feedback sought from the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) community was clear: business events professionals want more chances to network digitally and learn from others in this time of transformation,” said Managing Director of PCMA APAC Karen Bolinger.
“There is a real thirst from business events people wanting to see what others are doing and be involved in structured and informal discussions around the latest technology, production techniques and business challenges.”
“As we are always looking for ways to meet our members and community’s needs, we have launched the PCMA APAC’s March-May Event Calendar, showcasing webinars, Townhall events, Community Connect sessions and Meet-Ups, these include case studies and Customer Deep Dives with industry professionals, along with networking opportunities for suppliers and planners.
“PCMA is more than an Association, it’s the bridge to meeting new people worldwide, connecting with peers and learning new skills,” said Ms Bolinger.
The PCMA APAC’s March-May Event Calendar was launched at the first Meet-Up for the APAC Business Events community, which was hosted on Remo, a platform allowing guests to choose a table topic and move from ‘table’ to ‘table’. The Meet-Up, held over one hour, brought together 100 people from the APAC community to network, collaborate and share knowledge.
“The events calendar has been designed to showcase real life examples, people and peers. We want our members to have opportunities to connect, learn and be inspired by others.
“We are testing Remo’s capability to drive authentic digital interactions which will be key to ensuring positive interactions to allow people to share and learn,” said Ms Bolinger.
PCMA is also reworking its Digital Event Strategist (DES) course to better work for APAC business events and marketing professionals, with regional experts who can be online to answer questions and share their experience.
PCMA will continue to seek member feedback throughout 2021.
For more information visit or PCMA APAC Events Page.
Notes to Editors:
Interviews with Karen Bolinger are available, to request please contact:
Jessica Kauffman, Senior Account Manager, ZADRO | +61 400 433 182 | email@example.com
- About Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA)
- PCMA’s APAC operations are led by Karen Bolinger with a team in Melbourne and Singapore.
- PCMA APAC has a strong presence in the region and represents the event buyer across Australia, New Zealand, South-East Asia and North Asia.
- PCMA is the world’s largest platform for business events strategists and their business partners, PCMA’s success is driven by a commitment to providing provocative executive level education, face-to-face networking and business intelligence to its global audience of 7,000 member professionals and students.
- PCMA believes business events can economically and socially transform communities, enterprises and individuals.
- Through its Ascent leadership initiative to promote inclusion and diversity across the business events industry and beyond, PCMA seeks to empower those challenged by gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity or disabilities to find success.
- Visit us at pcma.org or LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Visit PCMA APAC on LinkedIn.