- This event has passed.
Global Meetings Industry Day
April 7, 2022 @ 12:15 pm– 6:00 pm EDT
PCMA’s Greater Philadelphia Chapter is excited to announce the in-person return of Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID) on April 7, from 12:15-6:00 PM ET, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center! Join us this afternoon to celebrate the business events industry and its resilient workforce, learn from experts in the field, and interact with your colleagues.
Our GMID event will focus on “reuniting to recover,” with sessions that will provide insights for suppliers and planners on bringing back in-person events, working together through current challenges, and planning for the future of the events industry. We will be bringing back the popular “unconference” format, which will allow attendees to select and learn about the topics of most interest to their immediate needs.
Please note this event will not offer lunch. A networking reception with food and beverage will be provided at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Discuss strategies for partnerships in the current meeting environment
- Explain current challenges in planning meetings and events
- Work with other meeting and event professionals to brainstorm solutions to current and upcoming challenges
12:15-1:30 PM: Registration Open
12:15-1:15 PM: Attendee Headshots: Come early and have your complimentary headshot taken!
1:30-1:45 PM: Welcome
1:45-2:00 PM: Event Industry Proclamation, Jim Kenney, Mayor of Philadelphia, PA
2:00-2:30 PM: Unconference Overview/Topic Brainstorming: Attendees will work in small groups to brainstorm potential discussion topics
2:30-3:30 PM: General Session: Reuniting to Recover: A moderated discussion featuring seasoned business events professionals on the future of strategic partnerships in event planning, current challenges, and potential solutions. Speakers include:
- John McNichol, President and CEO, Pennsylvania Convention Center, Moderator
- Maria Grasso, Senior Vice President, Convention Division, Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Kevin Kelly, Director of Meetings and Events, ASTM
- Michael Thompson, Director of Meeting and Event Services, Talley Management
- Claire Marrazzo Greenwood, Executive Director, CEO Council for Growth, Senior Vice President for Economic Competitiveness, The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia
Speakers bios are available by clicking here.
3:30-3:45 PM: Break, Attendee Headshots
3:45-5:00 PM: Unconference Continued: Presentation of Session Topics: Attendees will hear presentations on selected topics resulting from brainstorming sessions. This session will be moderated by Paul Wong, Director of Global Events, ISPOR, and Kacie Sheppeck Corbitt, Senior Event Manager, Global Event Management GBS, Wolters Kluwer. Our Unconference speakers include:
- April Gamache, Director of Group Sales, Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
- Joshua L. Grimes, Esq., GRIMES LAW OFFICES, LLC
- Karen Lennert, CASE, DES, National Account Manager, Projection
- Brad Magarity, Vice President, Sales, ALHI
- Debra Maines, CMP-HC, DES, Senior Manager, Sponsorships & Exhibit Logistics, A. Fassano & Company
- Judi McLaughlin, Managing Director, Northeast, HelmsBriscoe
- Bob O’Connell, National Sales Manager, GES
- Michelle Rovner, Director, Marketing, ISPOR—The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research
5:00-6:00 PM: Reception
The PCMA Greater Philadelphia Chapter has been approved by the Events Industry Council (EIC) as a Preferred Provider of these continuing education courses, which qualify for CMP continuing education credit. Determination of continuing education credit eligibility or Preferred Provider status does not imply EIC’s endorsement or assessment of education quality.
Upon arrival to the PCMA PHL chapter meeting, attendees will be required to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to the start of the meeting. Masks are recommended but not required. These requirements may be adjusted to the current requirements in Philadelphia and at the Pennsylvania Convention Center as the event date approaches.
A discounted room block is available at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market St, Philadelphia PA 19107. To make a reservation, visit this link:
Thank you to our hosts and sponsors!