FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Alex Tunney at Davies Tanner
Direct: +44 1892 619100, E-mail: email@example.com
CHICAGO, IL, October 14, 2016 – PCMA’s definitive annual event for the business events industry – Convening Leaders – is now open for registration, featuring an inspiring program and savings to be made by registering before October 28 (www.conveningleaders.org).
Taking place in Austin from January 8-11, the Convening Leaders’ event program is set to provide delegates with insights on developing winning business strategies, as well as unique learning experiences in a variety of innovative, formal and informal settings.
Under the theme “designing colLABoration”, the program is filled with inspirational presentations, real-world case studies, peer exchange and access to leading solution providers.
Convening Leaders’ extensive educational topics range from business event operations and event experience design to personal brilliance and leadership, with individual sessions covering everything from Boosting Delegate Numbers in the Digital Age to Leading Effective Virtual Teams.
Delegates can also amplify their education experience in open spaces to keep them energized and inspired at every turn. At the Tech Central open space, delegates can experience a hands-on tutorial at the DigiTech Bar and Tech Clinics, enjoy an up-close Tech Demo or stop at one of the new Social Media Drop In Corners to keep up with the latest in event social media strategy (www.conveningleaders.org.tech-central).
At the same time, Learning Labs throughout the Austin Convention Center will keep the wisdom and connections flowing outside the session rooms. From the new Design Lab, highlighting new concepts in design thinking to the new Main Stage Production Lab featuring the latest A/V technologies, the Learning Labs will be engaging, interactive and full of ready-to-use takeaways (www.conveningleaders.org/learning-lab).
New for 2017 will be Brain Dates, a one-on-one learning experience that lets delegates share knowledge with each other. Closer to the event, delegates will be able to make offers and requests for knowledge on topics of interest.
Inspirational main stage speakers at Convening Leaders 2017 include:
- Rachel Botsman, who coined the phrase “collaborative consumption” will explore how trust is shifting from institutions to individuals, changing the way we live, work and travel.
- Dan Goods will share the remarkable story of creating his dream job at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, revealing an invisible world with endless possibilities
- Harvard Graduate at 19, Supreme Court Clerk turned CEO Isaac Lidsky will share his inspiring story that proves even the most insurmountable odds can be overcome with the right perspective.
- Economist and advisor to the European Union, Jeremy Rifkin, will explain how converging renewable energy and the internet of things will usher us into a new era to meet these challenges.
- Scott Belsky, author of “Making Ideas Happen” will share insights and proven tips you can use to push bold new projects to completion.
With a packed program of associated social networking events, including Party with a Purpose at Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater and a Closing Party at the Austin American Statesman, the host city of Austin is promising attendees at Convening Leaders that they will “step in as a guest, and step out like and AustiNite”.
Delegates can save up to $400 by registering before 28 October and staying in PCMA’s official housing block (www.conveningleaders.org/registration).
To help delegates get clear about their own objectives and the benefits of attending, PCMA is also providing a Convening Leaders Gain Approval Letter and Worksheet to showcase the cost/benefits for attending Convening Leaders at www.conveningleaders.org/gain-approval