Plans for IMEX Frankfurt, May 15–17 are ramping up, and once again, the annual business events gathering in Germany will feature more than buying power. PCMA will also present the organization’s 2018 Global Meetings Executive Award at the IMEX Gala Dinner. The award is bestowed upon an individual with a unique combination of passion for the industry and advanced knowledge of cultural customs and global business etiquette. “We have seen a considerable increase in applicants and nominees from outside of North America since first launching the award in 2012,” said Laura Malone, specialist, strategic alliances, PCMA.
Malone added that nominations and applications are already ahead of the pace set in 2017. The deadline for submissions is Friday, Feb. 23, and self-nominations are encouraged. To be eligible, applicants must have spent at least 51 percent of their time organizing meetings for a minimum of the past three years.
A Global Push for PCMA
PCMA’s aim to engage with global event professionals is part of the organization’s larger strategy, which included the acquisition of ICESAP in 2017, organizing a European Influencers Summit, and a number of knowledge exchanges held in locations around the world. The winner of the Global Meetings Executive Award can play a role in the organization’s content and events calendar. “We are pleased that many of the recipients of this award have chosen to become involved with, or further committed to, PCMA after receiving it,” Malone said. “We do try to keep the award winners involved after receiving the award. This group is often included in our outreach for future programs and opportunities.”
In Good Company
This year’s recipient will join a stellar list of event organizers who have demonstrated their commitment to elevating business events on the global stage.
- 2017: Roberta A. Kravitz, Executive Director, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- 2016: Janet Tan-Collis, Chief Executive of East West Planners Pte Ltd.
- 2015: Pieter Swart CMP, CMM, Managing Director, Conference Consultancy South Africa (PTY)
- 2014: Phelps R. Hope, CMP, Vice President, Meetings and Expositions, Kellen Meetings
- 2013: David L. Williams, CMP, Executive Director, International Association for Energy Economics
- 2012: Ping He, Director Global Sourcing and Partner Relations, Experient
Interested in nominating yourself or a colleague? Click here to learn more.