PCMA will host a Knowledge Exchange for the meetings and events industry during the Nov. 27-29 ibtm World 2018 in Barcelona.
PCMA’s “Leveraging Disruptive Technology to Enhance Your Events,” from 09:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Nov. 28, will feature James Morgan from Event Tech Lab. Join us or encourage a peer to attend the session in Fira Gran Via CC1, Room 1.5 to hear Morgan discuss how cutting-edge technology can be used to enhance event attendee experience.
PCMA also will participate in various sessions and networking activities during the event, including:
- PCMA Coffee Meet-Up at PCMA’s stand M89, 16:00-17:00 p.m. Nov. 27.
- “Driving Economic & Social Prosperity through Business Events” session by Sherrif Karamat at 16:45-17:45 p.m. Nov. 28 in Knowledge Theatre 3.
PCMA has much to share during itbm World, including its efforts in EMEA, where planning has started on the 2019 Influencer Summit, and in APAC, where PCMA is the strategic education partner for the Asia Pacific Incentive Meetings Event (AIME) in February in Melbourne. PCMA also is designing the morning education sessions for Destination International’s Showcase on Feb. 13 in Washington, D.C.
Convening Leaders, PCMA’s signature event, takes place Jan. 6-9 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, where the growing list of influential speakers for the “Disrupt & Deliver” theme includes Seth Godin, Billie Jean King, Anka Wittenberg and Karamo Brown.
A Leadership Summit and a Forum for Economic and Social Progress will precede Convening Leaders, providing thought-provoking dialogue and collaboration among professionals in the business events industry and key community stakeholders. The invitation-only session aims to accelerate success for those organizing and hosting business events and examine the enduring impact and outcome of business events on communities.
Here’s a look at who is attending ibtm World on behalf of PCMA:
- Sherriff Karamat, president and CEO
- Bob McDonald, vice president of business development and the media group
- Luca Favetta, regional business director, EMEA
- Katie Yandell, director of strategic alliance
The following PCMA board and European advisory board members also are scheduled to attend itbm World 2018 including:
- Claire Smith
- Greg O’Dell
- Neil Brownlee
- Ben Hainsworth
- Oscar Cerezales
- Ben Goedegebuure
- Sandrine Castres
- Annalisa Ponchia
- Matthias Schultze
- Christoph Tessmar
- Dermot Ryan
PCMA partners and sponsors registered for ibtm World include:
- Choose Chicago
- Mexico Tourism Board
- Metro Toronto Convention Centre & Business Events Toronto
- Caesars Entertainment
- Events DC & Destination DC
- Visit Houston
- Meet Los Angeles
- Tourism Montréal & The Palais des congrès de Montréal
- Vancouver Convention Centre and Vancouver Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Ottawa Tourism
- Singapore Exhibition & Convention Bureau
- Visit Scotland
- Visit Britain