Author: Convene Editors
The Events Industry Council (EIC) has selected its 2019 Hall of Leaders and Pacesetter Award winners. Among the Hall of Leaders inductees is Barry Smith, CMA, former chair of the PCMA Foundation.
The 2019 Hall of Leaders inductees are:
- Michael Dominguez, CHSE, President and Chief Executive Officer, ALHI (Nominated by Events Industry Council Board of Directors)
- David DuBois,CMP, CAE, FASAE, CTA, President and Chief Executive Officer, IAEE (Nominated by International Association of Exhibitions and Events)
- Anne Daly Heller, Publisher, USAE (Nominated by Searchwide Global)
- Carole McKellar, MA, CMM, Vice President EMEA, HelmsBriscoe (Nominated by Meeting Professionals International)
- Barry Smith, CMA, Executive Director, Convention Centres Canada (Nominated by International Association of Venue Managers)
- Ellsworth Milton Statler (posthumously), Owner, Statler Hotels (Nominated by USAE)
The 2019 Pacesetter Award Recipients are:
- Young Professional: Robyn Davis, Trade Show Strategy Specialist, WINH (Nominated by Robyn Davis)
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility: Desirée Knight, CAE, CMP, Director, Education and Meetings, AREMA (Nominated by The Kilman Group)
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility: Chance Thompson, Senior Manager, Sustainability and Public Relations, Salt Palace Convention Center (Nominated by AZano, Inc.)
- Innovation: Frank Yang, PMP, CMP, CEM, Director, Convention Marketing, KINTEX (Nominated by International Congress and Convention Association)
The awards will be presented during IMEX America on Sept. 10 from 6–10 p.m. at LIGHT Nightclub at MGM’s Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.