Thailand has well embraced the changes caused by COVID-19 while at the same time, standing with the rest of the world to withstand this challenge together. In leading the country’s business event industry quest in moving forward, TCEB is spearheading Thailand’s vision in generating a future-proofed convention development strategy. TCEB declared 2021 a Convention Year, aspiring to be a stand-out convention destination in Asia and vigorously invested our resources into what we termed as The TCEB “Re-Convening” Process:
Process One: Advancing intelligence and innovations that can anticipate and meet the ever-changing demands in convention experiences.
- Integrated intelligence centre that serves as a one-stop service for all matters regarding organizing conventions in Thailand including latest government policy, event analytics, and local industry report
- Thailand MICE Startup platform to develop innovations or solutions that can uplift Thailand’s post-COVID-19 competitiveness and address the new pain points faced by MICE entrepreneurs during COVID-19
- “Virtual Meeting Space” project to provide online platform support in three categories i.e. Webinar for conventions, O2O (Offline to Online) for exhibitions, and E-Learning platform for MICE operators.
- Business event tools and technology support as integrated solutions to simplify events from end-to-end
Process Two: Introducing new convention supporting schemes “Convene Plus” to empower bid confidence and implement dynamic and easily accessible support packages with redefined value proposition:
TCEB “Convene Plus” key features include:
- Accessible for conventions in face-to-face, hybrid, and virtual format with at least 50 international delegates
- Substantial subventions from convention bidding to organizing stage
- Additional support to reward winning bid as well as convention that supports Thailand’s three key transformation impacts: economic, social and environmental.
Process Three: Fortifying local knowledge community and promoting international conventions under Thailand’s six key industries:
- Digital transformation
- Medical Innovation
- Agriculture & Biotechnology
- Food for Future
- Knowledge Development
Process Four: Redefining human capital and business development to lead the change
- Renewed standardization for Thailand’s business event industry – be it organizational, hospitality, or hygiene standards
- “Sustainability revolution” initiative to define the way hybrid and virtual events can create environmental impact for a destination
- “Capability Plus” master class for MICE operators to keep evolving in a changing convention landscape
For the latest COVID-19 related travel advisories in Thailand, visit TCEB’s dedicated webpage.