Sherrif Karamat, PCMA President and CEO, is among 19 individuals selected by Smart Meetings magazine as “Suppliers of the Year.”
Every year, the monthly publication recognizes outstanding suppliers, defined as hotel properties, vendors, associations and individuals, “who help event professionals create experiences that do more than impress: They change minds and build economies.”
Karamat weighed in on the role of the hospitality sector in the world along with pivotal moments in his career.
This year’s honorees were selected with the help of Destinations International and AIEE.
Other PCMA members on the list include:
- Frank Passanante, senior vice president of Hilton Worldwide Sales for the Americas.
- Amy Pfeiffer, director of convention sales and services, Disney Meetings & Events.
- Johanne Belanger, president and CEO, Tourism Toronto.
- Brad Dean, CEO, Discover Puerto Rico.
- Julie Adeline Krueger, business development director, international; Freeman.
- Mike McIlwain, CEO, PSAV.