Winner of the World Travel Award for the Caribbean’s Leading Meetings and Conference Centre for six consecutive years from 2011 to 2016, the Montego Bay Convention Centre ((MBCC) has separate meeting, ballroom, and exhibition spaces, so multiple groups can gather simultaneously. And with luxury resorts, some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful beaches, and a nightlife scene that moves to its own beat, Montego Bay is a destination that everyone will want to explore long after the meeting ends.
1. Biggest and brightest. Out of the entire English-speaking Caribbean, the SMG-managed MBCC leads in square footage (139,000 total square feet). It’s just one reason why an array of group types — from the Caribbean Travel Marketplace to the Climate Investment Funds Partnership Forum and the ITF Taekwon-Do World Cup — choose to meet in Montego Bay.
2. Tech savvy. The MBCC also beats the competition in technology. All of the MBCC’s meeting, exhibit, and ballroom spaces come equipped with videoconferencing capabilities and Internet connections of up to 100MB. The facility also has a fully integrated audiovisual system that includes built-in screens and projectors.
3. Seamless and smooth. With more than 10,000 square feet of meeting space that includes nine multipurpose rooms, plus a business center and lobbies equipped with built-in reception desks and comfortable seating, managing multiple breakouts is a breeze.
4. Spaces aplenty. The MBCC’s 18,684-square-foot Grand Ballroom can flex to fit almost any kind of function, including banquets of up to 1,580 guests.
5. Trade-show friendly. The 57,525-square-foot exhibit hall can be divided into two spaces and offers four freight doors, including drive-in access.
6. Enlightened surroundings. The MBCC has been designed with its stunning surroundings in mind. Its 42,000 square feet of landscaped outdoor event space gives visitors plenty of opportunities to soak up the mountain and oceanfront views, and the open-air layout of the facility and plantation-style shutters let in plenty of natural light.
7. Good vibes. Some of Jamaica’s biggest draws are the friendly faces, funky beats, and spicy eats. Montego Bay is ideal for experiencing all of Jamaica’s cultural facets, whether groups want to let loose (host a group outing at local favorite Pier One) or explore the island’s natural beauty (trekking Dunn’s River Falls is a must).
8. Stay and play. The MBCC has more than 4,000 hotel rooms in a wide variety of price points in close proximity. Groups can stay at classic resort properties like Half Moon or new hotels, like the adults-only Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa. A number of hotels on or near the popular Hip Strip have recently reopened or been rebranded, including the Royal DeCameron Cornwall Beach Resort and Deja Resort.
9. Easy access. Sangster International Airport, the Caribbean’s leading airport according to the World Travel Awards, is just 10 minutes away from the MBCC. Also within a quick drive: three championship 18-hole golf courses, duty-free shopping at The Shoppes at Rose Hall, and the historic Rose Hall Plantation and Great House.
10. Easy on the wallet. U.S.-based attendees and planners will both save a buck — all meeting-related expenses incurred in Jamaica are tax deductible. And with Sangster International Airport served by major airlines like Delta, American Airlines, and Spirit, options for getting to Montego Bay are plentiful and affordable.
Brought to you by the Montego Bay Convention Centre (mbconventioncentre.com)