PCMA stands with the world in celebrating International Women’s Day. It is hard to believe that in 2019 we still are struggling for equity for women and I want to acknowledge the passion, power, and dedication of all the women in the Business Events Community, including our volunteer leadership and members of Team PCMA. Special congratulations to Michelle Crowley, PCMA Vice President for Global Growth and Business Transformation, who was just honored as a Smart Women In Meetings: Industry Leader.
Inclusion, diversity, equality, and respect are values we have encouraged the business events industry to embrace through PCMA’s Ascent initiative. International Women’s Day is a time for us to reflect on our work in this arena and to think about how we can make every day an opportunity to promote gender equality.
Sherrif Karamat, CAE
President and CEO, PCMA
More From Convene on Gender Parity
- Backlash to All-Women Speaker Lineup at Science Conference
- Bizzabo Finds ‘Pretty Big Discrepancy’ in Speaker Diversity
- Manels, the Gender Avenger is Coming After You
- All-Male Speaker Line-Up Derails History Conference
- Is the All-Male Panel on the Endangered Species List?
- How to Add More Women Speakers to Your Meetings
- How Can We Create Workplaces and Events Where Diversity Thrives?
- How — and Why — You Should Break out of Your Bubble