Destinations International and its Foundation have announced the 2019 30 Under 30 class, which will convene for the first time July 23-25 at the Destinations International 2019 Annual Convention in St. Louis, Missouri.
The 30 individuals, all 30 years old or younger, will have the opportunity to engage in professional development opportunities throughout 2019 and beyond. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes.
Jason Fulvi, Destinations International Foundation Chair and CEO of Visit KC, and Don Welsh, Destinations International president and CEO, made the announcement April 8.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” Welsh said. “The future of the travel and tourism industry remains dependent on today’s young professionals and the Foundation continually invests in the leaders of tomorrow through professionals development and mentorship opportunities. We look forward to connection with the 30 future leaders at this year’s annual convention, throughout 2019 and their careers.”
The 2019 30 Under 30 class members, from around the world, are:
- Alex Krosney, Travel Manitoba
- Alexandra Mills, Destination DC
- Allie Neal, Visit Oakland
- Asrah Mohammed, Brand USA
- Autumn Schempp, Visit Fort Collins
- Azari Jones, Visit San Antonio
- Brianna Wright, Real Racine
- Brittney Flores, Visit Albuquerque
- Caroline Ponessa, Visit Saint Paul
- Enriqueta Balandra, Visit Sarasota County
- Erica Malanga, Visit Baltimore
- Erin Craft, Visit Seattle
- Erin Randall, Oklahoma City CVB
- Gena Law, Tourism Toronto
- Jordan Musall, Hamilton County Tourism
- Juliet Velazquez, Greater Miami CVB
- Kennedy Clayton, Edmonton Tourism
- Larissa Allen, Visit Savannah
- Lindsey Bowman, Destination Niagara USA
- Luke Wiggins, Visit Rogers
- Melissa Jacobi, Newport Beach & Company
- Melissa Trost, Destination Gold Coast
- Mike Robertson, VisitPITTSBURGH
- Najauna White, Discover Durham
- Nani Almanza, Monterey County CVB
- Omar Lozano, Visit Austin
- Renee McMahon, Melbourne Convention Bureau
- Roberto Luis Vigoreaux-Cortes, Discover Puerto Rico
- Roxanne Steinhoff, Choose Chicago
- Taylor Williamson, Boise CVB
Now in its ninth year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner SearchWide Global. It is sponsored by IMEX Group, MMGY Global, and Northstar Meetings Group.
Honorees will receive complimentary registration and three nights’ hotel accommodations during Destinations International’s 2019 Annual Convention, plus recognition on stage and throughout the convention in St. Louis on July 23-25, 2019.
“Not only does the program bring incredible value to our industry, but it brings unlimited opportunity to the recipients,” said Mike Gamble, president and CEO of SearchWide Global. “By shaping future industry leaders, we can build an even better future for destination marketing.”
Other benefits include:
- Complimentary registration for Fundamentals in Destination Marketing, the first course of Destinations International’s PDM program.
- Year-round professional development focus, including regular interactive webinars and an online community to share ideas.
- Opportunity to apply to attend the Association of Australian Convention Bureaux’s Annual Conference.
“The Foundation is proud to support the 30 Under 30 program,” Fulvi said. “This program helps further develop our industry’s leaders of tomorrow. We look forward to having them join us at the annual convention and continuing to grow throughout the year.”
2019 30 Under 30 Ambassadors
In addition to the 30 Under 30 program, the Destinations International Foundation announced that Fidel Mitchell of Destination DC and Sarah Justine Leduc-Villeneuve of Tourisme Montreal will be this year’s 30 Under 30 Ambassadors.
The two industry leaders will attend the 2019 Annual Convention and assist with facilitating content to the 2019 30 Under 30 class.They also will join the Professional Development Committee for 2019-2020, assist in developing a long-term plan for 30 Under 30 alumni and attend Destinations International and Destinations International Foundation Board Meetings throughout 2019-20.
Read more about the 2019 class and see their photos at Destinations International.