Organizers want everyone to feel welcome at their events, but LGBTQ+ attendees face challenges that are often not understood or even addressed by the industry. From gender-neutral bathrooms to inclusive language, forward-thinking planners and venues are stepping up their efforts to welcome gender-diverse attendees and breakdown heterosexual biases. In this webinar, we’ll take a closer look at the who LGBTQ+ attendees are, what their particular needs and sensitivities are, and how their experience can inform more inclusive welcome for all attendees.
- Understand the broad diversity within the LGBTQ+ community, and describe the challenges that shape the event experience for LGBTQ+ attendees.
- Identify best practices for welcoming LGBTQ+ travelers and the means to implement them.
- Access education and training resources for event planners, venue operators and service providers.
- HospitableMe Resources + References
- Pride Month Reminds Us to Pause and Reflect on Inclusion
- 10 Best Practices to Make LGBTQ+ Attendees Feel Welcome
- A Not-So-Welcoming World for LGBTQ Travelers
- Duration: 01:07:20
- Date: 07/11/2019
- EIC Status: Submitted
- CMP-IS Domain: G. Meeting or Event Design
- Clock Hours: 1.0