Your focus is on building and leading a team, developing each member’s skills so that your group will collaborate to reach or exceed your company’s objectives and meet the personal goals of all participants. You manage up; you manage down. But, who is leading you? This session challenges you to look beyond your work life, daring you to become self-aware and to build your own confidence and courage to take risks. It demands you adjust how you motivate and incentivize yourself and identify how you currently lead yourself, consciously or unconsciously. This session also focuses on how your implicit bias shifts your view of yourself and others. Learning to lead yourself reveals your interests and values. Choose the direction that elevates you and use your discovery to amplify and grow your team.
- Explore the inner processes related to self-awareness around your leadership objectives
- Develop a personal vision of leadership
- Recognize that leadership development is a lifelong learning process
- Examine your intrinsic motivation as a leader
- Determine how your implicit biases impact your views about yourself and others