FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Carolyn Clark, Direct: 312.423.7271,
The new pcma.org enhances the online experience for meeting professionals
CHICAGO, Illinois, January 15, 2013 - The Professional Convention Management Association launches a new official website, redesigned and reformatted to meet the expanding needs of today’s meeting professionals.
With so much breaking news that impacts the meetings and events industry, the new pcma.org simplifies the search for relevant key takeaways. A new Up To The Minute section of curated industry news, online-only editorial coverage and blog posts give visitors an experience customized to meet the needs of today’s meeting professionals.
“Meeting professionals face challenges that change based on their specific roles and responsibilities,” Deborah Sexton, President and CEO, PCMA, says. “We designed the new PCMA website to provide a go-to source where planners and suppliers can find answers, make connections and discuss today’s critical issues in a format that delivers updates that matter specifically to them.”
The pcma.org editorial team will lay the foundation for those discussions with dedicated coverage of what’s happening around in the industry. From interviews with planners on what’s working at their meetings to in-depth how-to articles and more, visitors can count on thought-provoking reporting everyday.
Here’s a look at what’s in store for the new pcma.org:
- What’s In It for You - The issues that matter to your organization, the resources that impact your job and the news that you care about - the new pcma.org gives you what you want, when you want it from three blogs and extensive coverage of what’s happening in the industry and enhanced Convene ® magazine presence.
- What’s Happening Right Now - A library of late-breaking news from every corner of the meetings, travel and hospitality industries with an up-to-the-minute front-page news section.
- What Matters to Your Career - A comprehensive CMP training section, insights into accelerating professional development and an easy-to-navigate member directory for online networking.
- More Than Meetings - New additions to the pcma.org editorial team are going beyond the basics to deliver unique perspectives on destinations, behind-the-scenes stories and lessons from outside industries that can apply to face-to-face and virtual experiences.
- What Your Colleagues Are Thinking - Available exclusively to PCMA members in its launch mode, the new website includes Catalyst, an online tool where members can connect with colleagues, contribute to conversations and explore today’s pressing issues and trends together.
- More From Convene® — The print magazine that meeting professionals count on gets more accessible, interactive and shareable than ever before with complimentary digital content from the publication’s expert editorial team in between issues.
To see the new features and functionality in action visit the official PCMA website at www.pcma.org.
About Professional Convention Management Association
PCMA is the multi-channel professional resource and premier educator for leaders in the meetings, conventions, events and trade show industries. PCMA provides their 6,000+ members with a community of likeminded colleagues, innovative education and creative global solutions to enhance both their professional development and their organization's face-to-face and virtual connections. Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA has 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico with members in more than 35 countries. For additional information, please visit the PCMA Web site at pcma.org.