We are excited to announce the next PCMA/Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly Event! Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly
is the designated charity for GMC-PCMA. The mission of the organization is to provide friendship and companionship to lonely and isolated elders.
They serve over 1300 elders a year and have 1000-1500 volunteers.
Hawaiian Theme Coffee Club
August 14, from 9-11am
355 N. Ashland, Chicago, IL 60607
Every Thursday, the elderly are invited to come and enjoy Coffee Club with Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly. This free event features food, fun, volunteers, and, of course, coffee, and is designed to provide conversation and community for those who attend. Watch this video to hear about the last Coffee Club we did with Little Brothers.
Want to help? We would love it! Here is what we need…
- Approximately 20 volunteers for the Coffee Club (day of event).
- Donations for breakfast food and beverage items (Hawaiian themed, if possible): breakfast sandwiches, pastries, fruit or fruit salad, juices, etc.
- Donations for themed décor would be welcomed and appreciated.
- Entertainment (we have secured music and hula dancers!)
- Donate a gift card ($10, $20, $25) for stores like Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Walgreens, Jewel, CVS, Walmart, etc
Please Contact Keri Kelly (CSC Vice-Chair) or Rhonda Chesney, CMP, Chair of Little Brothers Sub-Committee, to donate an item, share your ideas, and ask about participation for the August 14 event. Email email@example.com
Stay tuned for more volunteer opportunities with Little Brothers and information on how you can support the charity.