The second Decision to Attend Study survey report – DTA2 – provides extensive insight on what drives attendance. The 8,992 participants from 12 organizations representing all types of industries and professions has yielded many key findings.
- Top Drivers – 92% Education; 78% Destination; 76% Networking
- 91% of all generations want to continue their education; Millennials even higher
- One-half are likely to extend their stay or bring others, multiplying overall spend
- 89% would attend more often, if barriers were removed
- Eight in ten will repeat attendance or return for leisure, if the destination experience is positive-half of attendees likely to combine attending a meeting with a vacation
As events and exhibitions are the largest group-based users of the destination experience, the industry has joined together on this landmark research:
- Leading a sea-change toward defining the attendee as the customer
- Providing feedback to destination leaders to shape the overall experience
- Developing best practices and strategies to maximize attendance, together
PCMA is proud to join with other leading industry organizations to realize this important vision. We encourage your participation!