POSTPONED: Understanding GDPR and Its Impact on Your Organization
May 20 @ 2:30 pm– 5:30 pm EDT
** Due to directives and recommendations from various health and government agencies, we are postponing this event. **
** Stay tuned for updated information. Registrants will be contacted regarding fee refunds. **
Are you overwhelmed by GDPR and Data Privacy, and how they affect your organization? Since GDPR rules came into effect in May of 2018, organizations across the world have scrambled to inform themselves about how to stay in compliance, as failure to do so creates exposure to substantial monetary fines.
Terrance Barkan, one of the leading voices on international strategies for associations worldwide, will help you better understand GDPR, and what its implementation means for the future of Data Privacy in the U.S. Prepare for the challenges around GDPR and Data Privacy facing organizations today, and make the overwhelming more manageable for your organization.
The learning objectives from this session are:
- Understand what it takes to be in compliance with the GDPR data protection regulations as a non-profit, mission-driven association
- Learn some of the most common misunderstandings about GDPR regulations, and the difference between what is required and what is practical
- Find out what’s on the horizon for data compliance in the United States
- 2:30-3:00 pm: Registration & Networking
- 3:00-4:30 pm: Presentation
- 4:30-5:30 pm: Reception
About our Speaker:
For more than 25 years, Terrance Barkan, CAE, has been building international trade and professional associations on a global basis. His international management career has taken him to more than 60 countries on 6 continents around the world on association strategy development projects. He has served as the Executive Director for a number global and multinational organizations and was the founder of the very first truly global international association management company.
In 2009, Mr. Barkan founded GLOBALSTRAT, a specialized consulting practice that uses a proven process-based approach to developing international business plans for associations. GLOBALSTRAT provides independent, expert advice for associations on how to develop their international growth strategies and business plans.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- PCMA POWER Chapter Member: $35 Special offer – all planners attend free!
- Non-Member: $45
- Student: $10