- This event has passed.
April Education Event – Virtual Experience
April 8, 2021 @ 1:00 pm– 5:30 pm MDT
RMPCMA April Education Event
R3 Regional Hybrid Hackathon
Thursday, April 8 | 1:00 – 5:00pm
Multiple Venues and Virtual
The Virtual Experience
Asynchronous Component: Portions of this program will be pre-recorded and shared prior to the day of the event, and will outline some important components. You will need to watch this content prior to attending on April 8!
We are partnering with Cogent Global Solutions to coordinate all streaming of synchronous and asynchronous content and will be using Hubilo as our online platform. Please review the instructions for accessing the Cogent-Hubilo Virtual Event Platform.
Zoom will be used as the streaming technology, as it has the largest market share and is most commonly used across many industries.
A list of technology requirements, best practices, testing procedures and help resources is coming soon! We will also include this information in our Know Before You Go emails.
The Week-Of: You will receive links to pre-recorded content for asynchronous viewing as mentioned above.
The Day Before: We will send you a link to access the platform, along with any passwords and technical information you need.
Day-Of: Check your system to make sure everything is working, and get ready!
- 1:00-1:30 MT: Arrive in the platform and chat with other attendees! In-person attendees will be arriving at their venues and going through the registration and arrival process.
- 1:30-1:50 MT: Everyone watches the welcome and intro to hackathons.
- 1:50-3:20 MT: Online attendees will be split into breakout rooms and begin the hackathon process together. We will likely pre-assign groups. We will have online mentors, who will hop into your breakout room occasionally to answer questions and give guidance. Each physical location will be its own small group during this time. The mentor will also ask you to choose a group spokesperson for the pitch.
- 3:20-3:30 MT: Break! Feel free to recharge and get ready for the pitches.
- 3:30-4:00 MT: Each group will give their pitch. We’ll hear from the physical venues first, then each virtual group. Our current plan is to have our partners do a 1-2 minute introduction before each group, then the group will have 1 minute to pitch their idea.
- 4:00-5:00 MT: Everyone watches the broadcast of the GMID Panel together while the judges deliberate and choose the winner. In-person groups might start happy hour. Feel free to grab a drink as well during this time.
- 5:00-5:30 MT: We will gather together again to announce the winners and say goodbye. We can all stay online and continue with our optional happy hour time.