- This event has passed.
Global Meetings Industry Day
March 30 @ 12:30 pm– 6:15 pm EDT
Global Meetings Industry Day Philadelphia
Meetings Matter: Trends and Tactics
Thursday, March 30, 12:30-6:15 PM ET
Pennsylvania Convention Center
Join us to celebrate the business events industry and its resilient workforce, learn from experts in the field, and interact with your colleagues.
Our GMID event will focus on the importance of meetings, future trends, timely issues, and practical solutions. The meeting will start with a panel looking at the data around current trends in the meeting industry and future directions. A second panel will follow to discuss why meetings matter, how they create impact, and tactical solutions for current challenges. Speakers will hail from all corners of the industry, and will speak on topics such as: travel trends, changes in trajectory of meetings, CEO decision-making on how meetings fit into larger organizational goals, staffing and workforce issues, sustainability, social justice issues, and more.
- Review current trends in the meeting industry
- Discuss how meetings fit in with larger organizational goals
- Explore solutions to current issues in event planning
- Network with other meeting and event professionals
- Scott Higgins, Director of Sales, Valley Forge Tourism and Convention Board (panel moderator)
- Gregg Caren, President and CEO, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Nan Marchand Beauvois, Senior Vice President of Membership and Industry Relations; General Manager, Educational Seminar for Tourism Organizations, U.S. Travel Association
- Beth Mauro, Senior Director of Client Services, AH
- John J. McNichol, President & CEO, Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority
- Kellie Mayrides, Client Success Manager, Event Strategy Group
- Lee-Jung Kim, Service Design Experience Lead, Pfizer Biopharma Group
Speaker bios are available by clicking here.
12:30 PM: Registration
1:00-2:45 PM: Welcome and Session One
2:45-3:15 PM: Break
3:15-5:00 PM: Session Two and Wrap-up
5:00-6:15 PM: Reception
Please note this event will not offer lunch. Refreshments and light snacks will be served at the afternoon break. A networking reception with food and beverage will be provided at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Membership in the PCMA Greater Philadelphia Chapter is not required to attend. Guests are welcome.
- If you are not a member, click here to learn more about membership.
- If you are a member of PCMA, but not a member of the Philadelphia Chapter, please contact [email protected] to add the Philadelphia Chapter to your account. The cost to add a chapter to your membership is $30.00.
- Early registration closes on Sunday, March 26. After that, only onsite registration will be available.
- Parking information can be found by clicking here.
- Click here to register, or click on the blue button below.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS AND SUPPORTING PARTNERS!
A note from the Community Service Committee:
This year the focus of our community service efforts will be on Philabundance. Our committee members will be at GMID asking for donations. Our motto: If you forgo one cup of specialty coffee a week and donate $5 to Philabundance, 10 meals are donated to our local communities. We have made it very easy to donate via a QR code that takes credit cards or PayPal. We look forward to your support this year.
Education Credit Information:
PCMA PHL has been approved by the Events Industry Council (EIC) as a Preferred Provider of the above-listed continuing education courses, which courses qualify for CMP continuing education credit. Determination of continuing education credit eligibility or Preferred Provider status does not imply EIC’s endorsement or assessment of education quality.
If you plan to claim education credit, please register for this meeting with the same email associated with your EIC account. You will receive an automated message to claim credit after the meeting when the final attendee roster is uploaded to the EIC.