- This event has passed.
Global Meetings Industry Day 2021
April 8 @ 2:00 pm– 4:00 pm EDT
Please join the PCMA Greater Philadelphia Chapter and the MPI Philadelphia Chapter for a joint event on Global Meetings Industry Day 2021.
Don’t Let Your Start Be Your Stop
Our keynote speaker will be Dr. James Smith, Jr. CSP, Author, Speaker, Educator, Coach. During this keynote, Dr. Smith will highlight ways to:
- Shift your mindset
- Enhance your personal power
- Work on your TAN (i.e., take action now)
Click here to read a full description of this session.
Finding Inspiration in a Pandemic
Since Covid struck the meetings industry, many of our members are experiencing career upheaval. The pendulum swings from job furloughs to job loss; job dissatisfaction to career disenchantment. Many have courageously tried to upskill, reskill, cross-skill and rebrand. But is this enough to create a ladder leading to a satisfying career, enjoyment and advancement? Our speakers will share successful transitions and provide guidance and real life scenarios to reshape your thinking versus rebranding your skills.
1) To broaden your mindset on the possibilities open to you.
2) To provide creative and more targeted approaches to resume building.
3) To understand how to analyze and leverage existing/new networks.
Our speakers include:
Agenda for Thursday, April 8, 2021
2:00-2:15 PM | Opening Remarks
2:15-2:45 PM | Keynote Speaker, Dr. James Smith
2:45-4:00 PM | Presentation and Q&A with Mike Gamble and Bill Yetman, sponsor presentation and community service activity
- This meeting will be a Zoom meeting.
- There is a $15.00 minimum registration fee. Please consider paying more if you can. PCMA PHL and MPI PHL rely on registration fees to cover operating expenses, and to provide educational events for our members.
- There is no charge for students to attend. Students can you this special, monitored link to register, https://forms.gle/8y8D8bF4Eh3mU4M5A.
- There is also an option to purchase a scholarship, which will go towards registrations for members who need help covering this expense. If you are a member that needs financial assistance in order to attend, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration will close on Thursday, April 8, 2021, 12:00pm.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com, 610-220-1232.
- Please help support Cradles to Crayons by donating items from their Amazon Wish List. We will be learning more about this organization during GMID.
Thank you to our 2021 GMID PHL sponsors!