- This event has passed.
July 20, 2021
Please join us for the annual PCMA PHL Chapter Retreat!
This year’s Chapter Retreat will be held in-person at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Philadelphia West. For those interested in staying over, please call 610-834-8300 to make a reservation with the group code, CMA. The room rate is $89.00 plus taxes. The cut-off date is Friday, July 9, 2021.
Join us for this informative and interactive, in-person retreat where you can:
- Participate in conversations with your peers about the state of meeting planning today.
- Convene to learn about current trends in meeting planning.
- Meet-up with your colleagues in person.
- Attend an in-person event!
Agenda for Tuesday, July 20, 2021:
1:00–1:15 PM Opening Remarks
1:15–1:45 PM What Are We Doing Now?! Part I: Considerations in Working with Venues and Technology
1:45-2:15 PM Small Group Discussions and Questions on Part I
2:15-2:30 PM Break
2:30-3:00 PM What Are We Doing Now?! Part II: Considerations in Managing Attendees and Exhibitors
3:00-3:30 PM Small Group Discussions and Questions on Part II
3:30-4:15 PM Retreat Wrap Up and Committee Updates
4:15-5:00 PM Community Service Activity*
5:00-7:00 PM Reception
Part I: Considerations in Working With Venues and Technology
Part I of the retreat will start with short talks by industry representatives on how venues are working with groups on meetings in the current COVID environment including implementing safety measures where desired by planners; working with planners when meetings have fewer attendees and contractual obligations still can’t be met; how venues are mitigating issues with staffing; and technical considerations for including a virtual component to in-person events. Differences between big and small venues will be addressed. After the talks, attendees will break into small groups to discuss their current challenges, brainstorm solutions, and ask questions of the speakers.
Part II: Considerations in Managing Attendees and Exhibitors
Part II of the retreat will provide insight on how organizations are driving attendees and exhibitors to their in-person events. Included in this discussion will be information on mitigating and addressing attendee concerns; options for virtual involvement; providing ROI for exhibitors/sponsors, including engagement beyond the meeting; and more. After the talks, attendees will break into small groups to discuss their current challenges, brainstorm solutions, and ask questions of the speakers.
- Discuss information from industry experts on the state of meeting planning now
- Review considerations for working with venues, utilizing technology, addressing attendee concerns/driving attendance, and providing ROI for exhibitors
- In small groups, discuss current challenges and brainstorm solutions
*Community Service Activity – At the Chapter Retreat, we will be doing an activity to help Philly Mindset. Philly Mindset was founded to support community equity through allocating educational resources to students and families in the Philadelphia area. Please use their Amazon and Target lists to purchase school supplies, or purchase similar products and bring them to the retreat. At the Chapter Retreat we will pack school supply bags for upcoming Philly Mindset events.
- Membership to the PCMA Greater Philadelphia Chapter is required to attend. If you are not a member, click here to join today. PCMA is offering hardship pricing. If you need help to join, please call 877-827-7262 or email [email protected].
- If you are a member of PCMA, but not a member of the Philadelphia Chapter, please call the membership department at PCMA HQ to add Philadelphia to your account. The cost to add another chapter to your membership is only $30.00.
- Registration is required to attend the retreat. The early bird registration for planners, suppliers and faculty is $30.00. After July 14, registration will be onsite and the rate increases to $40.00. The registration fee for students is $15.00, and $25.00 after July 14.
- Questions? Contact Erica Keagy, PCMA PHL Administrator at [email protected] or 610-220-1232.
Thank you to our Underwriter Sponsors and Host!