- This event has passed.
April Education Program – Spokane
April 18 @ 11:30 am– 2:00 pm PDT
Becoming Trusted: Building Trust In Our Increasingly Skeptical World
Trust is the foundation of human relationships and the key to success in today’s business environment. Yet, as a society, we are in a crisis of trust on a global scale. To become trusted today, you now must first prove that you are worthy of trust. But how?
Drawing on more than sixty years of research in cognitive science and consumer behavior, this engaging and insightful presentation uncovers the hidden truths behind the often-misunderstood concept of trust. It explains exactly how people form trusting relationships and why the conventional approach to building trust actually makes it harder to become trusted in our modern world. You’ll discover practical tips and strategies to quickly become trusted with others so you can perform and lead at your best.
- Understand how trust has changed in our society and how this change affects the way trust now works
- Learn exactly what trust is (and what it’s not) and why we often unintentionally make it harder for others to trust us
- Discover the process people use to assess another’s trustworthiness and how you can make it easier (and quicker!) for others to give you credit for being trustworthy
Kevin Sanders has spent more than 25 years in marketing, including senior-level roles and consulting in financial services, hospitality, higher education, high tech, healthcare, and foodservice. He is currently the CMO for a technology startup. Kevin believes trust is the foundation of all great companies, organizations and institutions. However, he also believes that trust is at an all-time low in our culture, society and in our world. In this new world where skepticism is now the default, businesses need to prove trustworthiness if they want to attract clients and thrive in our current society.
Thursday, April 18th
Davenport Grand Hotel
11:30am – Registration/Networking
12:00pm – Lunch
12:30pm – Presentation
1:30pm – Conclusion
Meeting Planners – $25.00
Members – $50.00
Non-Members – $65.00
Students – Complimentary *Valid Student ID Required
Earn 1.0 clock hour toward your CMP certification or re-certification by attending this Education Session. Credits will appear in your Events Industry Council Profile.
Meeting Planner Travel Stipend Available
- Max reimbursement is $150.00.
- Must be a Meeting Planner that is a PCMA Member.
- One planner per a company/org will qualify, if funds are still available others from the same company/org could be considered.
- Planner must be registered for the program. Reimbursement will only be given after attendance to the program has been verified.
- First come, first served or until funds run out.
Stipend considerations closes March 22. Planners will be notified of awarded stipend on Monday, March 25. Stipend is to be used for flight or mileage reimbursement only. For those awarded a stipend, more details will be sent via email.
WANT TO STAY OVERNIGHT?
Special PCMA Block Rate at The Davenport Grand Hotel
$129.00 a night
Book by March 18!