This one-of-a-kind experience combines behind-the-scenes hackathon design strategies through an actual hands-on hackathon, where teams will select and solve a challenge from one of these categories:
- Learning Experience Design (LXD)
- Marketing & Attendance/Revenue Growth
- Recruiting & Fostering High-Performing Teams
Kicking off with an interactive discovery/challenge creation session on Saturday at 5 pm – and ending with a fun hackathon competition Sunday, participants will come away with case studies, checklists, and tips to help them design hackathons that attendees rave about and that solve problems that matter to their members, attendees, and their organization.
For full details click here.
- Outline the core mission for hackathons and five mindsets that must be embraced to ignite more vibrant and meaningful innovation exchanges
- Explain how "wildcard hackers" can help diffuse cognitive biases to reveal breakthrough ideas
- Create an event design road map, with preparation steps, touch points and outcomes that occur before, during and after the hackathon
Clock Hours: 6.0
CMP-IS Domain: Domain G: Meeting or Event Design
Global Center for Health Innovation HIMSS Innovation Center
Donna Kastner, Jamie Murdock