Recruit new members to PCMA and win
Tap into your network of colleagues and help PCMA grow! As a current member, each new member you recruit will grant you one entry into a quarterly drawing and one entry into the grand prize drawing. As you recruit more members, your opportunity to win increases. A new member is considered someone who has not held membership with PCMA for the last three years and joins as a Professional, Associate Professional, Supplier, Associate Supplier or Faculty member. The referrer must be a current member at the time of the new member application to receive credit.
To ensure you receive credit for your referral, the recruit must list your name as a referral in the “How Did You Hear about PCMA” section when submitting their membership application. Member referrals received after the application has been submitted are not eligible for the Member-Get-A-Member program. Click here for a full list of rules and regulations.
Recruitment Resource Center
Do you have a vast network of potential members but aren’t sure how to approach them or what information to provide? See below for a list if recruitment tips.
- Identify the best prospects. Review your network of professional colleagues and identify who could benefit from PCMA membership.
- Know the benefits of membership. Review the About PCMA Members page to provide prospects with more information about PCMA statistics and membership benefits.
- Give examples. Provide your colleague with examples of your PCMA membership has benefitted you in your career. A positive testimonial can be a great recruitment tool!
- Keep Membership Materials Handy. Print out copies of the paper membership application to distribute at your next event. If you would like additional recruitment materials, reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Invite your prospects to upcoming events. Click here for the full industry calendar.
- Get them involved. Encourage your recruits to watch our latest complimentary Member Orientation Webinar or any of our other complimentary webinars to better understand PCMA.
- Close with a plan of action. Walk them through the process of applying for membership. Make sure they are aware that each month Disney Destinations offers a one year scholarship to selected applicants and direct them to the application. Also let them know that PCMA accepts HHonors™ Points and Starwood Award Points (Starpoints) for PCMA membership dues. Provide them with a hard-copy of the PCMA membership application or guide them to apply online.
- Follow up. Check back in a few weeks to see whether they have joined and ask if they have any questions.
If you aren’t comfortable reaching out on your own, let PCMA do the work for you. Simply email Natalie Hoffman, Sr. Manager, Member Services at email@example.com the contact information of your prospects and we will reach out on your behalf.