Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA represents more than 6,500 meeting industry leaders from 17 chapters in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our members include planner professionals, suppliers, faculty and students. Aside from students and faculty, members are categorized as either a professional or supplier based on their position.
- Professionals: Individuals who are responsible for the development, organization, site selection and management of meetings, conventions, exhibits, and seminars.
- Suppliers: Individuals whose organization is engaged in providing products and services related to the conduct and operation of meetings, conventions, exhibits, and seminars.
PCMA membership is nearly an even split between suppliers and professionals (54% professional; 46% supplier). Both types of members are comprised of people at all levels within their organization.
- 55% of PCMA members are directors or higher in their organization including: 7% (presidents and c-level executives), 14% (vice presidents), 28% (directors), 2% (regional VPs or sales directors) and 6% (national sales or sales in general).
- 68% of PCMA members have 10+ years experience in the industry.
- 78% are key decision-makers for their organization.
- 40% are professionals in associations with 10,000+ members.
- 23% are corporate or independent planner professionals.
- PCMA members plan on average 34 meetings per year.
- Almost 30% of PCMA planners annual conferences result in more than $5 million in economic value