Great things happen when people come together. Face-to-face is where deals are struck, relationships are forged and ideas are generated.
PCMA’s advocacy initiatives are about showing the real power of what business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions collectively do for people, businesses and communities.
Here’s how to get involved in the coming months:
March 18 – 19 American Associations Day (#pwra) - A legislative fly-in where association professionals can connect with Congressional offices and share your story on important association issues, like tax reform, allowing federal employees to attend private meetings, or nonprofit governance. Learn More.
April 16 – North American Meetings Industry Day - This celebratory day is intended to shine a light on the real impact meetings and events have on businesses, economies and communities. Meetings and event industry association chapters, corporations, destinations, partners or anyone in the industry are being encouraged to hold events in destinations all across the three countries to support this North America-wide day of advocacy. April 16th will spotlight the substantial value derived from business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions. Learn More.
April 16 – North American Meetings Industry Day - Chicagoland Four Star Awards Ceremony - If you are in the area April 16th, please join the Chicagoland Four Stars Awards Ceremony taking place at Chicago's Museum of Contemporary Art from 8:30AM - 10:00AM. This awards ceremony will recognize the outstanding Chicagoland people who make meetings mean business. Learn More.
June 8 – 9 – Exhibitions Day - IAEE and PCMA members, representing the exhibitions and events industry, will gather in Washington, D.C. Together we will take your concerns and include them in our conversations and show legislators - how they are hurting your ability to drive economic value and job creation in markets across the United States. For more information on how to sign-up, please contact: Nicole Bowman at email@example.com. Learn more.
Bill McDermott, Global CEO of SAP, the world’s largest business software company, gave a interview by satellite to IMEX America and told members of the meetings and events industry: “Your industry is at the forefront of driving growth in the global economy.”
How else can you show your support?
Sign the Meetings Industry Statement of Support
- Either complete and send to PCMA HQ for us to send out
- Send directly to your local representative
- Write a letter or complete this postcard and send to your local representative. Here are a few tips for writing to your elected official."
- Utilize the industry tools provided by the Meetings Means Business Collation - This toolkit helps you tell our industry's story with resources to assist you with articulating the economic impact and business productivity of face-to-face meetings and events. Find out more.
- Download the Meetings Means Business App. This app, available in both the Apples iTunes Store and the Android Google Play Store, serves as the on-the-go resource for industry leaders along with meetings and travel professionals. Features include quick access to collateral materials, data points, editorial content, the latest industry news and other important information. The app will also serve an additional entry point and engagement tool for industry professionals looking to get involved with the campaign.
5 Things Your Next Meeting Is Giving Back To You
CIC Supports North American Meetings Industry Day
International Meetings Review
North American Meetings Industry Day Aims to Send a Powerful Message
Meeting Mentor Magazine
How I Got Here: David DuBois
Only You Can Protect Meetings
Rebel Roundup: Airbnb, Wi-Fi, Sponsorship Value, Meetings Mean Business
Meetings Mean Business Outlines Strategy for 2015
The Meetings Magazine
PCMA Announces 2014 Chairman's Award Winner