CHICAGO, IL, February 21,2012 - The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) Education Foundation today announced the 2012 online Silent Auction is now open for bids. More than 100 packages are available, featuring exciting U.S. and international destinations, sports and entertainment tickets and more. Bids can be placed online now through April 11 at pcma.org/silentauction.
This annual fundraising event has a history of packaging unique experiences that bid winners can secure at below market pricing - while simultaneous giving back to the Foundation.
"Not only is our online Silent Auction an opportunity to bid on fantastic prizes, this is also a fun and exciting way to support the PCMA Education Foundation and its efforts to advance the meeting, event and trade show industry," said Liz Erikson, Chair, 2012 PCMA Education Foundation Board of Trustees. "All proceeds will help fund the Foundation's scholarships, education, research and grants throughout 2012."
Participants can visit pcma.org/silentauction to place bids on packages through the auction's close. The auction's "Buy It Now!" feature enables bidders to purchase packages immediately at a designated price.
A sample of 2012 online Silent Auction packages include:
- Get Pampered in California: Includes two night stay for two people in a newly renovated Penthouse Suite at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resorts, Villas and Spa, and two 60-minute Serena Signature Massages at Agua Serena Spa
- Rock n' Roll in Riviera Maya: Includes five night, all-inclusive stay for two people in a Superior Deluxe room with a Jacuzzi at the Hard Rock Hotel, Riviera Maya
- Discover the Roots of Mexico: Includes deluxe accommodations in the Jalisco region of Mexico, with stays in Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara and tours in Tequila City
- Discover Germany: Includes two roundtrip business elite class tickets to Europe, three night stays for two at the Swissotel Dresden and Swissotel Berlin, and a Berlin city tour
- Unrivaled Beauty in Amelia Island: Includes four night stay for two at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation, one round of golf at the Oak March or Ocean Links, dinner and spa treatments for two
- Memorial Day Ballgame in Boston: Includes three night stay May 25-28 and daily breakfast at Boston Marriott Copley Place, two tickets to the Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay game on May 26, two trolley tickets and Commemorative Fenway Park 100th Anniversary Book
To learn more about the PCMA Education Foundation's online Silent Auction, visit pcma.org/silentauction.
# # # About Professional Convention Management Association
PCMA is the multi-channel professional resource and premier educator for leaders in the meetings, conventions, events and trade show industries. PCMA provides their 6,300 members with a community of likeminded colleagues, innovative education and creative global solutions to enhance both their professional development and their organization's face-to-face and virtual connections. Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA has 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico with members in more than 35 countries. For additional information, please visit the PCMA Web site at pcma.org. About PCMA Education Foundation
The role of the PCMA Education Foundation is to support the mission of PCMA through fundraising and grant giving for scholarships, education and research for innovation benefitting the meetings and conventions industry. Established in 1985, the Foundation fuels advancement, nurtures professional development and shapes tomorrow's meetings and convention industry leaders. Investments in support of the Foundation helps advance and allows the Foundation to continually design and create new programs to encourage the highest levels of professionalism in the meetings industry. Learn more at www.pcma.org/foundation