Competition is fierce between cities, hotels, and even within hotel brands, to be highly-ranked for hosting successful meetings and events. With a substantial list of important criteria, it takes a full team effort to keep clients and their attendees satisfied. See what tops the list of issues most important to professional meeting and event producers and why the JW Marriott Indianapolis leads the Marriott pack when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Customer Feedback And Focus
As a brand, it’s well-known that Marriott stands for stellar performance, from infrastructure to employees. But it’s what they do to continually measure event success that makes for a template every planner should use when evaluating their hotel convention experience. The Marriott Convention and Resorts Network surveys meeting planners from over 54 convention hotels and resorts in North America and asks them to weigh in on eight key criteria via post event surveys. That organic, unedited, feedback provides both insight and the opportunity to keep improving outcomes. “Our team’s goal at the beginning of 2016 was to be the Number One Marriott Convention Hotel” explains Indianapolis Market Director of Sales and Marketing, Anne Dunlavy. “And we’re proud to say we’ve achieved that goal with a No. 1 ranking in Overall Satisfaction for the first half of 2016 by the Marriott Convention & Resort Network.”
Making The Grade
Marriott’s list of criteria is diverse, and their best practices are based on standards that professional planners might well embrace when looking at both past and future events:
- Best Overall Experience – While it may seem self-explanatory, event producers are not only asked about their total destination experience, but they also are asked to consider whether they’d use the brand or recommend the facility in future.
- Great Relationships – Does their events team build a solid relationship with planners and facility staff? Was the hand-off smooth from the sales manager to the event manager?
- Pre-Event Planning – Has your hotel team focused on the ease and process of planning? Have they been responsive? Did they bring something new or creative to your program or event?
- Event Overall – Looking back, did the event, in total, meet or exceed your expectations?
- Event Staff – Beyond the Event Manager, were your needs taken care of by the entire staff at the hotel? Were requests handled in a timely and professional manner?
- Event Facilities – Was the space flexible, easy, pleasing in appearance and well-maintained?
- Food & Beverage – It’s about so much more than good taste. Evaluate food service in terms of timeliness, preparation and presentation.
- Post Event Billing – At the conclusion of your event, was your billing timely, easy to understand and most importantly, accurate?
Setting The Standard For Excellence
Each member of the more than 750 person team at the JW Marriott Indianapolis impacts the results of such surveys, so it is imperative that their entire team understands and owns how their particular role impacts the guest experience. “I am thrilled to see the results from our staff’s hard work and commitment to excellence pay off.” Dunlavy says. “Our goal is to continue this success through the rest of 2016 and carry this prestige into 2017. The team knows that their job is never complete – even when they reach number one in all eight categories - because each day brings a new guest to delight.”
Discover more about meeting in Indy here: Five Reasons This Host Destination Is Outpacing Its Competition
To learn more about successful meetings and events at the JW Marriott Indianapolis, contact:
Brought to you by: JW Marriott Indy
Market Director of Sales & Marketing
Marriott Place Indianapolis
0 S. West Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204