On July 12, 2016 Chesapeake Chapter presented to our members a great session on Building Your LinkedIn Network to Promote Your Organization and Yourself with Shira Harrington, Chief Engagement Officer, Purposeful Hire, Inc. Ms. Harrington is a recruiter and consultant who has worked extensively in the association world. Here are some of the ideas she shared:
Your LinkedIn profile should emphasize the characteristics that 2016 sensibilities value:
- What makes you stand out
You should define your personal brand as a professional.
- What is your tribe? With whom do you do your work?
- What is your lane? How do you do your work?
- Why you serve? What is the value of working with you?
- In what way do you serve? What are your qualities?
What is your personal branding?
- Give clarity about who you are and who you are not.
- Give consistency in how you explain your brand across communication vehicles. Do you present the same way on all your social media? Newsletters?
- Give constancy. Strive for visibility to your target audience.
- How can you demonstrate your unique value in your LinkedIn summary statement?