Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA. Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continued education
Be an exciting part of the New York Area Chapter of PCMA by nominating the ideal candidate (or yourself!) to serve on the Board of Directors.
We are seeking nominations for the following positions:
Performs the duties of the president in case of the president’s absence or inability to act. Serves as President the following year.
Oversight of the funds and securities of the Chapter. Day-to-day finances are handled by the Chapter Administrator. Two-year term (January 2017 - December 2018).
Directors serve as liaisons to the board for each committee. All positions are for a three-year term (January 2017 - December 2019).
- Each nominee must be a member in good standing.
- Each elected board member must commit to attending all scheduled board meetings of which 12 are held each year (usually conference calls at 1 hour/each), as well as the Spring and Fall Board Planning Retreat, at locations determined by the board.
- Must attend chapter events and assume responsibility for any registration fees.
- Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
You may either nominate another NYPCMA chapter member or self-nominate. Please send an e-mail to Donna Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and a very brief description of why you think the nominated person would be a good asset to the board or why you are interested in the position. All nominations are due by 5pm on Friday, August 12, 2016. If you have questions about any of the available positions, you can call Donna at (215) 428-0510.
Not ready to take on this level of commitment in 2017? Don't hesitate to let us know if you're interested in taking your first steps in getting more involved by becoming a committee member or chair.
Donna J Kelley, CMP CASE
Nominating Committee Chair