Over ten meeting and event professionals joined NYPCMA's membership committee at the annual Summer Focus Group which took place at the Hotel Indigo Lower East Side.
This year's discussion focused on engagement and marketing, with attendees sharing their stories and experiences. Feedback included:
- Networking Events - Everyone enjoys these so keep scheduling them.
- Education Programs - These received very positive feedback from the group.
- NYPCMA Website - This could be more user friendly, easier to navigate, and relevant.
- Input from PCMA HQ - Suggestions included more involvement from PCMA HQ for recruiting and retaining members, with retention as the biggest challenge.
- Customized Marketing - Customizing and personalizing digital content by segments could result in more effective communication.
- Social Media - Engagement on social media platforms plays a very important role in the execution of meetings and events
NYPCMA's Summer Mixer followed the focus group, and included tours of the Hotel Indigo Lower East Side's penthouse suite and outdoor bar and pool. Drinks, food and great conversation were shared in the beautiful new property that recently opened in downtown New York with sweeping views of the city.