Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA.
The Capital Chapter Nominating Committee has issued a "Call for Nominations" for the election of officers and directors for the Capital Chapter of the Professional Convention Management Association for 2017.
Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continuing education
- Mentoring (in both directions)
The following positions are open for 2017:
President-Elect (1-year term; then becomes president in 2018)
Treasurer (1-year term)
Secretary (1-year term)
2 Professional (Planner) Directors (2-year term)
1 Supplier Partner Director (2-year term)
Positions Already Confirmed for 2017:
New officers and directors will serve with the following officers:
Diane E. Kovats, CAE, CMP – Current President-Elect, will become the 2017 Capital Chapter President
Joy E. Womack, CMP – Current President, will become 2017 Capital Chapter Immediate Past President
Directors serving the 2nd year of a two-year term:
Malene Ward - Professional Director (2016-17)
Mary Beth Baluta - Supplier Director (2016-17)
Geralyn D. Krist, CMP, CTA - Supplier Director (2016-17)
- Please complete the 2017 Nominee Application Form and submit it by 5:00pm EDT, Tuesday, August 2, 2016, along with your resume, photo, and supporting documentation.
- Self nominations are encouraged.
To nominate another Capital Chapter member:
- Please complete the 2017 Nominations Form & submit it by 5:00pm EDT, Monday, July 18, 2016; and
- Advise your nominee(s) that he/she will need to complete the 2017 Nominee Application Form and submit it by 5:00pm EDT, Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
If you are nominated by another member:
- Please complete the 2017 Nominee Application Form and return it by 5:00pm EDT, Tuesday, August 2, 2016, along with a resume, photo, and supporting documentation.
For officer candidates, telephone interviews will be conducted by the Nominating Committee between August 20-30, 2016.
Where to Submit Nominations, Self-Nominations, and Nominee Application Forms
All nomination materials should be sent to Teal Griffey at email@example.com. Emails are strongly preferred, but if necessary, an application and supporting materials may be faxed to: 703-342-4311.
Confirmation of Receipt
Once you submit the materials, you will receive a confirmation of receipt of those materials from the PCMA Capital Chapter office within 48 hours. If you do not receive such a confirmation, please call the office at 703-370-7436, so we can remedy the situation.
Criteria and Guidelines for Selection of 2017 Officers & Directors
- Each nominee must be a PCMA Capital Chapter member in good standing.
- Each elected Board member must commit to attending all scheduled Board meetings of which 12 are held each year, as well as the two (2) Leadership Planning Retreats, at locations determined by the Board. Candidates will assume responsibility for all expenses (such as parking, Metro fare, phone calls, faxes) in conjunction with Board meeting participation.
- Participation is required at the Year-End PCMA Capital Chapter Leadership Retreat, Oct. 10, 2016, and 2017 Mid-Year Leadership Retreat. (2 per year, each year)
- Reading and understanding the materials provided for Board meetings, in advance of meetings is required.
- Each Board member will serve as a liaison to a specific committee, as determined by the President.
- Each elected Board member must commit to being active within his or her role on the Board.
- Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
The Nominating Committee will use the following guidelines in determining the slate:
1. Candidate’s prior participation in volunteer leadership:
- Candidate’s involvement in PCMA Capital Chapter and/or national PCMA activities (committees, working group(s), other)
- Candidate’s involvement in industry activities
- Candidate’s involvement in social, civic, charitable organizations
- Candidate’s willingness to serve
2. Candidate’s recognized leadership role in:
3. Candidate’s responses to questions on Nominee Application Form.
4. Candidate’s responses to questions on an Interview Phone Call (officer positions).
- Self-nominations are strongly encouraged. The vast majority of candidates are self-nominated.
- All nominees and self-nominees will receive confirmation that their materials were received by the Capital Chapter office within 48 hours. If you do not receive such confirmation, contact the office at 703-370-7436, and ask for Teal or Pam.
- All nominations must be approved by the PCMA Capital Chapter Nominating Committee.
- Please note, if elected, participation is required at the PCMA Capital Chapter Leadership Retreat, Oct. 10, 2016.
Questions about the process or service on the Board? Contact Nominating Committee Chair Karin Soyster Fitzgerald, CMP, CAE at KFitzgerald@iafc.org, 703-537-4831, or Teal Griffey, Chapter Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-370-7436, x600.