FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Carolyn Clark
Direct: 312.423.7271, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Foundation’s April 27 Visionary Awards honors the meetings industry stars
CHICAGO, IL, March 3, 2016 - The PCMA Education Foundation, recognized for supporting industry innovation, is bringing their own charge to their annual pre-Springtime Foundation Dinner annual awards event; updating the event to the PCMA Education Foundation Visionary Awards, supported by Presenting Partner Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau and Austin Convention Center (Austin). The enhanced program honors both the Foundations’ Lifetime Achievement Award winners and PCMA’s annual Professional Excellence Award finalists – with those award winners being announced live at the event. The reimagined evening will transform into an Oscars-like awards gala and roll out the red carpet for their deserving honorees - with a see-and-be-seen reception, entertaining awards program and after party.
After the last award has been handed out, the real party begins. Event participants will continue the evening’s celebration with music, dancing, and an interactive dining experience, thanks to Presenting Partner Austin who is hosting the Matchmaker Band, specializing in the sounds of Motown, Soul, Funk and Dance, and After Party supporting sponsors Destination Cleveland and PSAV Presentation Services. The Visionary Awards After Party will include made to order delights, hand-carved delicacies, tapas style displays, and a little sweet treat to end the evening on a high note - champagne will be flowing and the bar will be open.
Throughout the evening participants will have opportunities to bid on auction swag of exclusive travel packages; with three extraordinary trips auctioned LIVE during the awards program – followed by the Foundation’s always competitive silent auction to be held during after party.
Tickets to the Visionary Awards are now available on pcma.org/visionaryawards. Individual tickets are $375 or ten tickets for $3,500.
This year’s Lifetime Achievement Award Honorees are:
- Johnnie C. White Jr., CMP, CAE, MBA - 2016 Meeting Professional Honoree
- Janet L. Jakobsen, CMP, MBA - 2016 Educator Honoree
- James E. Rooney - 2016 Supplier Honoree
This year’s Professional Excellence Finalists are:
Event Designer of the Year:
- Warren Goodson, Director of Production, PSAV Creative Services
- Erin Vomocil, CMP, Senior Manager Event Operations, UBM Tech
- Allyson O’Connor, CEO and Founder, NXTevent
Community Advocate of the Year:
- Christine Phelps, Deputy Executive Director, American Academy of Neurology
- Ellen Shortill, Director, Convention & Meetings, American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Germaine Schaefer, Director, Conferences & Leadership Development, National Association of Counties
Meeting Professional of the Year:
- Lenay Gore, Director, Meetings and Conventions, American Public Transportation Association
- Lynn Smith, CMP, Chief Planning Officer, AVID Productions
- Kirsten Olean, CMP, CAE, Director of Meetings, American Society for Microbiology
Supplier of the Year:
- Susan Kushner, CFO/President, Kushner & Associates
- Jason Lusk, CMP, Associate Vice President, Convention Sales, Visit Denver
- Rachael Riggs-Nocera, CMP, Manager, Meeting and Convention Sales – Midwest/Chicago, Tourism Vancouver
About PCMA Education Foundation
The role of the Education Foundation of the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) is to support the mission of PCMA through fundraising and grant giving focused on scholarships, education and research that will advance the meetings and conventions industry. Established in 1985, the Foundation fuels advancement, nurtures professional development and shapes tomorrow’s meeting and convention leaders. Learn more at pcma.org/foundation.