Moderator Brad Kent, SVP at the Dallas CVB, and four panel members did a great job sharing their perspectives on what they are doing to re-invent and remain relevant in the industry for 2016.
The panel members were:
- Jason Jordan, Director of Sales, St. Louis CVC
- Dale Shuter, Meetings & Expositions Manager, EASA
- Bill Grusich, Vice President of Global Sales, ALHI
- Justin Meyer, Deputy Director of Aviation, Kansas City Aviation Department
About 50 Chapter members attended the event.
The panel spoke about the following recent headlines and trends:
- Airfares are down due to increased demand, increased capacity and lower fuel prices.
- A smartly designed convention is as much a branding vehicle for the host organization as it is a place to share knowledge.
- Baby Boomers place greater importance on venue location.
- Gen X prioritizes food and beverage offerings.
- Millennial/Gen Y prioritize venue technology capabilities.
- 80% of planners use social media for pre-event promotion.
- 68% of planners have difficulty getting attendees to use social media.
- Demand for meetings continues to grow at up to quadruple the rate of supply.
- Flexibility is the key to success.
Thanks to Hotel Sorella on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, MO for hosting the event!