Hôtel Plaza Athénée New York announced the appointment of Pamela Feick as Director of Sales and Marketing. Feick will be responsible for spearheading the relaunch of the hotel as it embarks upon a renovation scheduled for completion in October 2016.
Access TCA announced that Beth Nicholson has joined the company as Director, Meetings and Events. Nicholson has worked across industries - healthcare, financial services, and technology creating proprietary events, strategic partnerships, and content directed at attendee acquisition.
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort has hired a new national sales manager, Grace Barraza, a hospitality industry executive with more than two decades of experience – Barraza has spent 15 years with Hilton Worldwide and joins the Hawaii flagship team after working at the Hilton Anaheim.
Boston Park Plaza appointed David Berkoski national accounts director.
The Asia-Pacific Incentives and Meetings Expo (AIME) welcomes new Event Director, Ian Wainwright. A global events marketing specialist with over 13 years’ experience, Wainwright has an understanding of all facets of the industry, enabling him to bring a variety of perspectives to AIME, from the corporate, association and not for profit sectors.
Marriott AC Hotel Chicago Downtown named Emily Childers director of sales and marketing. Most recently, Childers was senior sales manager at Hotel Lincoln in Chicago, a Joie de Vivre hotel.
Kelly Hartig and Kristina Moehle
Kelly Hartig and Kristina Moehle were named group sales managers at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel in Orlando, Florida.
Catherine Hutchison was appointed director of sales and marketing at Montage Kapalua Bay in Hawaii. Previously, Hutchison was director of travel industry sales at Montage Deer Valley in Park City, Utah.
Axiom Hotel in San Francisco named Patty Kang director of sales and marketing. Most recently, Kang was marketing manager at Claremont Hotel Club & Spa in Berkeley, California.
Debra Klemm was appointed director of sales and marketing at the Langford Hotel in Miami. Previously, Klemm owned her own hospitality company, DLK Hospitality and Consulting.
The 2015 SMOTY Awards
Congratulations to the 2015 [The Expo Group’s Show Manager of the Year] winners:
- Tier I, 150 booths or less: Linda Trummel, manager, Event Services, SmithBucklin
- Tier II, 151-300 booths: Wayneston Harbeson, vice president of Operations and Event Services, National Association of Television Program Executives
- Tier III, 301-700 booths: Scott Craighead, CEM, vice president of Exhibitions and Events,International Association of Exhibitions and Events
- Tier IV, 701-1,500 booths: Eric Z. Horn, CMP, associate executive director for Business Development and show director for North American Beauty Events LLC, Professional Beauty Association
- Tier V, More than 1,500 booths: Bill Lynch, COO, Specialty Food Association