Get to know our new member, Theresa Rawlings, CMP, Event Manager – Logistics, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC). Theresa was selected and interviewed for the “New Member Spotlight”- read below:
1. Why did you choose the hospitality/event industry as a career? Because of the wide range of career opportunities that the industry offers.
2. Where did you spend your last vacation? 3 years ago at the Atlantis in the Bahamas. But that will change next year, as I venture off to Costa Rica to get married!
3. What motivates you to work hard? Being inspired by accomplished leaders in the industry like Kimberly Sumner, Ronnie Burt and Janet Skorepa.
4. What is your proudest accomplishment? I recently started running and have finished my first 10k this year, next month I tackle the Charles Street 12 Miler.
5. If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Learn a new language and use it fluently in a day.
6. What is your favorite thing about your career? Networking, meeting people and having the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships.
7. If money was no object, what would you do all day? Volunteer in a community program.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years? I see myself as a successful event planner, and learning new skills that will add value to my current organization and ultimately help me achieve my career goals.
9. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island? An IPad, golf clubs and Game of Thrones book set.
10. What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee? Rowdy Ronda Rousey, she rocks!
11. What was your first job? McDonalds – I sure do miss wearing the headset in drive –thru.
12. What is your favorite hobby? Playing golf.
13. What do you do to relax? Watch reality TV and play with Duke, my Old English Bulldog.
14. What makes you laugh the most? It doesn’t take much to put a smile on my face!
We are looking for planners or suppliers to feature in upcoming newsletters. Do you know of a good candidate? Nominate them now by emailing Chesapeake@pcma.org