Volunteerism is the key component to the continued success of our chapter and PCMA. Consider the benefits of becoming a chapter leader:
- Personal and professional growth
- Earn points to qualify for the CMP exam, or to re-certify
- Demonstrate your commitment to our industry and continued education
The Capital Chapter Nominating Committee has issued a "Call for Nominations" for the election of officers and directors for the Capital Chapter of the Professional Convention Management Association for 2016.
To nominate another Capital Chapter member, please complete the 2016 Nominations Form and submit it by COB on Wednesday, July 29, 2015. Please advise your nominee(s) that you nominated them, and that they will need to complete the 2016 Board Application Form by August 12, 2015.
If you are nominated by another member, please complete the 2016 Board Application Form and return it by COB on Wednesday, August 12, 2015, along with a resume, photo, and supporting documentation.
To self-nominate, please complete the 2016 Board Application Form and return it by COB on Wednesday, August 12, 2015, along with a resume, photo, and supporting documentation. Self-nominations are strongly encouraged!!
For officer candidates, telephone interviews will be conducted by the Nominating Committee the week of August 24, 2015.
Where to Submit Nominations, Self-Nominations, and Board Application Forms
All nomination materials should be sent to Pam Valenzuela at email@example.com. Emails are strongly preferred, but if necessary, an application and supporting materials may be faxed to: 703-342-4311703-342-4311.
The Following Positions are open for 2016:
President-Elect (1-year term)
Treasurer (1-year term)
Secretary (1-year term)
1 Professional (Planner) Directors (2-year term)
2 Supplier Partner Director (2-year term)
Positions Already Confirmed for 2016:
New officers and directors will serve with the following officers:
Joy E. Womack, CMP – Current President-Elect, will become the 2016 Capital Chapter President
Mary Gallagher, CMP – Current President, will become 2016 Capital Chapter Immediate Past President
Directors serving the 2nd year of a two-year term:
Mindy Halpert, CMP - Professional Director (2015-16)
John Rubsamen - Professional Director (2015-16)
Jim Kelley - Supplier Director (2015-16)
Criteria and Guidelines for Selection of 2015 Officers & Directors
- Each nominee must be a member in good standing.
- Each elected board member must commit to attending all scheduled board meetings of which 12 are held each year, as well as the Board Planning Retreat, at locations determined by the board. Candidates will assume responsibility for all expenses (such as parking, Metro fare, phone calls, faxes) in conjunction with board meeting participation.
- Each nominee must adhere to the PCMA Principles of Professional Conduct.
The nominating committee will use the following guidelines in determining the slate:
- Candidate’s prior participation in volunteer leadership:
- Candidate’s involvement in PCMA Chapter and National activities (committees, working group(s), other)
- Candidate’s involvement in industry activities
- Candidate’s involvement in social, civic, charitable organizations
- Candidate’s willingness to serve
- Candidate’s recognized leadership role in:
- Self-nominations are encouraged.
- All nominees and self-nominees will receive confirmation that their materials were received by the Capital Chapter office within 48 hours. If you do not receive such confirmation, contact the office at 703-370-7436703-370-7436, and ask for Pam or Hannah.
- All nominations must be approved by the PCMA Nominating Committee
- Please note, if elected, participation is required at the PCMA Capital Chapter Board Retreat, Wed., Oct. 28, 2015.