A Call for Volunteers!
Becoming an active volunteer on a PCMA Southeast Chapter committee is so very important.
Here are a few reasons to consider becoming an active volunteer by participation on a Committee or becoming a Board Member: 10: It's good for you.
Volunteering provides physical and mental rewards. UC San Diego states:
9. It saves resources and helps us save money.
- Volunteering reduces stress: Experts report that when you focus on someone other than yourself, it interrupts usual tension-producing patterns.
- Volunteering makes you healthier: Moods and emotions, like optimism, joy, and control over one's fate, strengthen the immune system.
Volunteering provides valuable chapter services so more money can be spent on upgrading our SE Chapter programs. The estimated value of a volunteer's time is $15.39 per hour. 8: Volunteers gain professional experience that you can reference on your resume.
You can meet new members and create new friendships and learn more about PCMA. 7: It brings Chapter members together.
As a volunteer you assist in:
6: It promotes professional growth and self esteem.
- Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal
- Building camaraderie and teamwork – these skills can be used in many aspects of your personal and professional life
Understanding both the PCMA and our regional community needs help fosters empathy and self-efficacy. 5: Volunteering strengthens our PCMA community.
As a volunteer you help:
4: You learn a lot.
- Support families (Atlanta Woman’s and Children’s Shelter)
- Improve the PCMA Chapter by voicing your needs and concerns of our Industry
- Support new member services and outreach to our seven state membership
Volunteers learn things like these:
3: You get a chance to give back.
- Self: As a volunteer, you discover hidden talents that may change your view on your self-worth.
- Government: Through working with our local Chapter as a volunteer you learn about the functions and operation of our Chapter.
- Community: Volunteers gain knowledge of local Chapter and community needs.
Members like to support our Chapter and know that they are helping to strengthen the Chapter and the industry they care about. 2: Volunteering encourages civic responsibility.
Community service and volunteerism are an investment in our PCMA community and our membership.
1: You make a difference.
Every person counts! Ready to sign up?
Please read more about volunteer opportunities with your PCMA SE Chapter here