The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) currently has an opening for an Intern in our Meetings, Events & Travel Services Department. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learn and understand the detailed planning involved in preparing for a NAIC National Meeting. Includes assisting with meeting logistics, food & beverage, audiovisual, transportation, production, room block management.
- Learn to use Event Conductor meeting space software system to assist with managing and organizing function specifications for all National Meeting sessions.
- Learn to use Cvent registration software system and assist with the overall registration process and procedures for National Meetings, Financial Summit and E-Regulation Conference.
- Learn to use Cliqbook reservation software system and assist with booking airfare and ground transportation.
- Learn the process and assist with developing and finalizing the program agenda for a National Meeting.
- Assist in preparing the freight shipment of supplies for National Meetings and understand how to inventory the items being shipped.
- Learn the process of reconciling a National Meeting master hotel bill and other supplementary meeting invoices.
- Travel at least one week during internship, to assist with conducting a National Meetings, as requested.
- Learn how to review and evaluate hotel contracts, understanding the key points of negotiation.
- Learn and understand the different operating budgets that the Meetings Department has responsibility for estimating, reconciling and reporting.
- Learn how the Meetings department assists with miscellaneous meeting arrangements. Assist with gathering hotel date availability and room block price quotes.
- Help establish a new filing system, categorizing and organizing information regarding hotels, travel destinations and convention bureaus.
- Understand how the Meetings Department works with the other NAIC business units, including all three of its operational offices, to achieve the association’s mission.
The ideal candidate should currently be studying Hospitality Management, Event Planning or Business and have the ability to work 20 - 25 hours per week. Knowledge of or experience working in the hospitality industry is a plus. Must be willing to travel at least one-week during the internship. Must have the ability to learn and navigate new computer programs and have current knowledge of Microsoft Office. The pay for this position is $12 per hour, depending on experience.
For consideration, please apply online at:
The NAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer