May 27 2015
Industry Xchange – You Won’t Want to Miss It
The Greater Midwest Chapter
Chicago is a worldwide center for the meetings, event and travel industry. Industry Exchange (IX) on July 8 is a uniquely powerful conference co-sponsored by the key players in our industry. The associations that support this industry have strategic Chicago chapters with influential members. Who & What
- Join hundreds of engaged members of the key associations within the meetings, conventions and travel sectors.
- The largest intra-industry meeting of its kind, sponsored by 11 organizations including The Greater Midwest Chapter, PCMA.
- The heart of conferences in the U.S.
Wednesday, July 8
Navy Pier Why Attend IX (Industry Exchange)
- Gain new perspectives on key trends and issues facing the meetings industry today and what they mean for your business opportunities in 2015 and beyond.
- Listen to industry heavyweights debate current issues and voice your opinion too.
- Expand your professional network by interacting with colleagues from a variety of Midwest industry organizations.
- Visit participating association sponsor displays to better understand all the opportunities available in the Chicago area to grow your base.
- Networking, food and fun in July!
This year’s IX will be a bold departure from previous years. Rather than hearing about industry trends – let’s debate them! You can participate or just watch the fun as two teams battle it out on stage, debating the top disruptive trends that challenge our industry today. They debate. You vote. Are new business models such as airbnb and Uber helping or hurting the meetings industry? Do relationships matter today in our age of technology? Are Millennials really that different? Don’t miss this lively session and have a chance to weigh in on key issues impacting your business right now! In addition to gaining new insights on key issues facing our industry, IX is your chance to mingle with your professional colleagues from 11 different Midwest industry organizations.
We are delighted that this year, our IX fundraising efforts will support Friends of Marlene – Legacy of Care. Exciting details about our silent auction and raffle are coming soon. About Friends of Marlene
To honor and celebrate the life of a legendary figure in the meetings and hospitality community…Marlene Hetzel Palmerson, the Friends of Marlene have created a fund within the Maggie Daley Center of Women’s Cancer Care at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Every dollar we raise supports this foundation as 100% of our efforts goes to support women undergoing cancer treatment. For additional information and if you are interested in making an early donation in the name of IX please visit the Friends of Marlene website
. Read more and see registration details here.