PCMA Heartland Chapter President Kristen Kimbrel led this year’s first Board of Directors meeting on February 5 at the Marriott Kansas City Downtown hotel. Chapter Committee Chairs also attended.
In addition to reviewing and approving the Chapter’s budget for 2015, the Board discussed the primary focus areas for the Chapter for this year. Those include:
- Engaging our members
- Filling committees
- Ensuring each committee has its Vice Chair position filled before summer
- Fulfilling our mission and values
“As we have worked through everything within our budget line by line, it's been great to see the work of our past leaders these past years. They have grown our Chapter's financial status far beyond our expectations. It's a great feeling!,” said Kristen.
Other 2015 goals for the Chapter include:
- Increasing revenue through attendance at events and sponsorships
- Attracting more planners to our meetings
- Increasing involvement in community service projects
- Increasing opportunities for emerging leaders
- Updating/maintaining the Chapter’s social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
During the half-day meeting, each Committee also shared its update report and overall plans for this year.
“This year's board is amazing and I could not have asked for a better group to work with. Everyone is extremely engaged, ready to work for the Chapter and enthusiastic about where we are going,” said Kristen.