Did you know that you can use article writing to earn credits toward your CMP recertification? Read below for key information from the 2015 CMP Recertification Handbook
. Continuing Education Option 1
– 25 clock hours of continuing education (CEUs) Option 2
– 15 hours of continuing educations (CEUs), and 3 industry support activities:
In addition to the 15 continuing education activities, you must also have participated in at least three (3) of the following activities:
- Membership in a meeting/hospitality industry organization
- Volunteer leadership role in meeting industry organization
- Author of a published industry-related article
- Speaker at an event on an industry-related subject (including study groups)
- Participate in a CMP application review
- Participate in a CIC-sponsored panel (such as a Standard Setting Panel, Item Review Panel or Job Analysis Panel)
Per the CMP Governance Commission, beginning in 2015, the Convention Industry Council will no longer accept “CMP study group leader” as an industry support activity.
If you would like to submit an article for the Greater Midwest Chapter newsletter, please email Jill Formeister
, Communications Committee Chair.