Dear PCMA Capital Chapter Members,
We are looking forward to seeing you in January at Convening Leaders and hope you are enjoying a lovely holiday season.
In preparation for the new year, I wanted to share with you some exciting changes we are making to enhance your PCMA experience at the chapter level, as well as the thought behind the changes:
Education: Our mission is to be the leading organization for meeting and event professionals by delivering superior and innovative education and promoting the value of professional convention management. Some of the efforts to advance this mission include:
- Our Professional Development Committee (PDC) and the Emerging Professionals Committee (EPC) are selecting relevant and timely topics for the 2015 Education Programs.
- The Chapter education programs kick off with a Planner Workshop on February 18th hosted by Visit Denver and the National Press Club.
- We are excited to continue our strategic alliance with PMPI by conducting a Disney Institute in May.
- Our inaugural half-day education was a tremendous success in 2014 and it will be even better in July next year.
- Enjoy the affordability through purchasing an Education Pass (formerly called Season Pass, information to follow shortly). By purchasing an Education Pass, you are automatically registered for Education Programs and registrations are transferrable if scheduling conflicts arise.
- We will continue to offer exciting networking opportunities, including the Mix N Bowl in March and networking events following Education Programs that offer suppliers and planners the opportunity to engage and learn from each other.
- Our Emerging Professionals Committee (EPC) will have an exciting new networking event scheduled for the spring/summer.
Financial impact: We have a financial obligation to ensure we are operating in a fiscally responsible and transparent manner as a chapter. In preparing our 2015 budget, several factors were at the forefront of consideration, including:
- Make our education and networking events affordable
- Increase our planner attendance ratio at events through improved content and pricing to ensure a balance of planner and supplier attendance
- Provide a more streamlined approach and pricing model so that our education and networking programs are priced consistently and are affordable. In 2015, you will see a standard pricing for networking events (including the increased supplier registration fee for Convening Leaders’ Capital & Chesapeake Chapter Reception), and education programs. These changes will help us to maintain a balanced budget. There may be a slight variation on certain unique programs that have a different financial impact on our chapter (Mix n Bowl and PCMA/PMPI programs), however we will make every effort to keep consistent pricing, as much as possible.
We are thankful for the generous support of our sponsors and encourage you to thank these partners when you see them. Our sponsors allow us to bring you these amazing opportunities for professional and personal development.
Thank you to those who completed the recent Member Assessment Survey; your results are being tallied and will help guide the direction of our chapter in 2015. If you have questions or would like to provide any feedback on how we are doing, please contact me (301.963.1805 or email@example.com). If you are looking to get involved and have a direct impact on our chapter’s direction, please consider joining one of our eight active committees (click here for information). I appreciate your confidence in our leadership and I know that 2015 will be spectacular thanks to your commitment to our chapter and our industry!
See you in Chicago!
Mary Gallagher, CMP
Incoming 2015 PCMA Capital Chapter President