Little Brothers - Friends of the Elderly benefited from several events planned by the community services committee in 2014. Sarah Opple, CSC Chair and Keri Kelly, Vice Chair, provided this summary:
Little Brothers events held in May, August, October, and December
- On average, 15-20 volunteers participated at each and approximately 80-100 elderly attended.
- At each event, approximately $500-1000+ was donated in food and/or gifts or giveaways - even more at the holiday party.
- For the Holiday Luncheon, outside of items donated for the event, we raised more than $1,700 that was used for holiday gifts and gift cards.
- At Service in Sync, we raised $180 in credits for Little Brothers at the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
Little Brothers Vacation Home
Between the silent auction, wine pull and raffle tickets sales from events throughout the year, over $25,000 was raised. Thanks to your generous contributions, the Greater Midwest Chapter will be able to offer two student scholarships, make a contribution to PCMA National Foundation, and make a donation to our 2014 charity partner, Little Brothers-Friends of the Elderly. A big THANK YOU to all GMC members who participated this year!
- Donated gift cards and alarm clocks to help furnish LB’s Audrey’s House (vacation home in Batavia)
View photos from our various 2014 charity events on the GMC Facebook page