FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Carolyn Clark firstname.lastname@example.org
PCMA 20 IN THEIR TWENTIES WINNERS SELECTED
PCMA to honor top young professionals at
Convening Leaders in Chicago January 11-14
CHICAGO, IL November 4, 2014 – The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) has selected the 2015 class for their 20 in their twenties program.
20 in their twenties program, supported by the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Austin Convention Center, is designed to engage the best and brightest young professionals in the meetings industry by recognizing emerging leaders – and their talents – which help accelerate the industry and carry it into the future.
“We are privileged to once again have the opportunity to strategically partner with PCMA, the PCMA Education Foundation and their 20 in their Twenties initiative,” said Bob Lander, President and CEO of the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau. "As an inaugural partner, we were thrilled to assist in the development of new initiatives that involve and engage emerging leaders to promote innovation within the industry. This is a focus in Austin and we all feel a sense of responsibility to attract, recruit, and retain talented, motivated and productive young professionals to keep moving our industry forward. We recognize that this is critical to its proactive growth and continuing success”
20 in their Twenties Class of 2015
- Ashley H. Akright, CMP, Manager of Conference Coordinators, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
- Magdalina A. Atanassova, Communication Manager, AIM Group International
- Madeleine Bart, Event Coordinator, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- Michael W. Cubbage, Principal, Meeting Contractors, LLC
- Katrina L. Dunn, Meetings and Foundation Senior Manager, American Society for Nutrition
- Danielle E. Foster, MBA, Meeting Planner, Certified Angus Beef, LLC
- Katharine L. Gausmann, Meetings and Events Specialist, American Feed Industry Association
- Kacie Hackett, Sr. Coordinator, CES Conferences, Consumer Electronics Association
- Kristine Koonts, CMP, Executive Events Manager, Vancouver Convention Centre
- Jennifer Kuchenbecker, CMP, Director of Conferences and Events, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
- Alana K. Mallory, CWP, Meetings and Events Coordinator, America’s Essential Hospitals
- Leucepe Martinez, Production Assistant, Worldwide Business Research
- Madeja M. Metcalf, Meeting Coordinator, American Institute of Steel Construction
- Samantha L. Moore, Meetings Coordinator, American Association of Immunologists
- Janet Partlow, CMP, Senior Meetings Manager, J. Spargo & Associates, Inc.
- Cara Pratt, DMCP, Director of Sales, Destination Partners, Inc., A DMC Network Company
- Lindsay K. Pund, Management Associate, BCD Travel
- Kristina Simkins, Product Director, OnPeak
- Jessica L. Smith, MTA, CMP, Senior Meetings Planner, American Bar Association
- Jennifer Vaseleck, Assistant Director of Meetings, NASPA - Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education
“The quality of our applicants this year was outstanding” said Deborah Sexton, PCMA President and CEO. “While this is just our second PCMA 20 in their twenties class, it’s clear the young leaders in our industry have diverse talents and are making a true impact on the organizations they work for.”
Criteria for applicants was to be employed full time in the meetings industry, be 29 years old or younger and to demonstrate ways they consider themselves to be industry leaders. Applicants were not required to be PCMA members. A Committee made up of veteran and members of the inaugural class of 20 in their Twenties recipients reviewed dozens of applications in detail before deciding on the inaugural class.
The individuals selected will receive complimentary 2015 Convening Leaders and Education Conference registration, funds to cover travel expenses to attend Convening Leaders, as well as discounted registration to attend Convening Leaders and Education Conference until they reach the age of 30. Recipients will also receive complimentary membership for 2015 and discounted membership until they reach age 30. They will have the opportunity to be paired with a member of the PCMA Board of Directors, Foundation Board of Trustees, or Past Leaders for three face to face or virtual mentoring sessions to assist in further development of their innovation and career.
Recipients will be recognized at Convening Leaders in January, as well as in Convene Magazine and other PCMA communications.
The program is supported by the PCMA Education Foundation, the Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Austin Convention Center.
About Professional Convention Management Association
PCMA is the multi-channel professional resource and premier educator for leaders in the meetings, conventions, events and trade show industries. PCMA provides their 6,300 members with a community of likeminded colleagues, innovative education and creative global solutions to enhance both their professional development and their organization's face-to-face and virtual connections. Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA has 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico with members in more than 35 countries. For additional information, please visit the PCMA Web site at pcma.org.
About Austin CVB
The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing and sales organization for the City of Austin. An accredited member of the Destination Marketing Association International, the Austin CVB is charged with marketing Austin nationally and internationally as a premier business and leisure destination, thus enriching our community's overall quality of life. Locally, travel supports an estimated 53,900 jobs and pumps approximately $6.2 billion into Austin’s economy.