My name is Sara Schnack, CMP, and I've been a meeting planner for Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association for over 17 years. I believe I’ve created a mobile app that will change the way meeting professionals manage meetings while on site.
After so many years of working for the same company in a non-revenue generating department, I started to feel complacent. I thought about my job and the value I bring to my company. Since we don't generate revenue, I know that my main purpose is to provide great customer service to my internal clients and provide accurate history for our recurring meetings.
About a year ago, I was on site for a meeting and a couple of things happened: first, the hotel was taking too long to ring chimes to get people to move into the meeting room and, second, I misplaced my note that had all the tips I had paid out during the conference. On the plane heading home, I thought to myself "I need a mobile app for on site management of meetings!" I then made a list of all the things I wanted in a mobile app.
I decided I could work more efficiently. A year later, thanks to a great mobile app developer, we've created OnSite Assistant
, an iPhone app for meeting planners. I have been using it for six months and no longer carry a notepad or binder while on site; everything I need is within this one simple app.
Here are a few ways I currently use OnSite Assistant while on site:
- Events - easily switch between events
- Export Event Data - export all the info in the app to an email account; this is helpful for detailed post-meeting wrap-up
- Agenda, Floor Plans, My Files - store all my meeting documents for quick access
- Contacts - my favorite feature - store my meeting contacts separately from my personal phone list and then export the contacts after the meeting
- Tips & Paid-Outs - keep track of all cash spent
- Beverage Tracker - great for smaller events to verify that I’m being charged the correct amount for "on-site consumption" of beverages
- Numbers Served - provide accurate history for each meal function
- Chimes - three simple chimes to alert attendees that it is time to return to the meeting room
- Find Nearest / Local Weather - great way to give attendees local information
My clients appreciate the detailed wrap-up I send them after each event, and it is helpful not to have to return to the staff office to find a contract or BEO when I need to verify a detail. In addition, I’ve shared the app with some banquet captains at hotels, and they are especially excited about the Beverage Tracker, Numbers Served, and Chimes features.
The app is only $5.99 and, after some research, I have found that most companies will reimburse you for the purchase because it is a tool that makes you more efficient.
You can purchase the app by going directly to this link
from your iPhone or check out the website at www.onsiteassistantapp.com
. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
or at 773.454.8111.