The 7 Questions With… series provides an opportunity to get to know PCMA members outside of a conversation strictly geared toward meetings and conferences. In our latest installment, we catch up with Tim Mathy, Senior Parter at SpeakInc.
1) What’s the last book you read? Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan.
2) Which songs are currently getting the most rotation while you¹re at the office? The Frozen CD and Gangsta’s Paradise by Coolio.
3) What would the title of a TV reality show about your life be? Man vs Suburbs: How to survive the perils of mini vans, chain restaurants and helicopter parents.
4) What most excites you about the next five years (personally and/or professionally)? I’m excited every day I am above ground. It is hard to say what excites me in the next 5 years, I really try to live in the present. I’m lucky that I have a terrific family and job and I love the industry I am in. If things continue to grow in both these areas, I’ll continue to be a happy man.
5) In a past life, you were… 6' 5"
6) If you didn’t work in the meetings industry, what would you be doing? Either a food critic or a lounge singer.
7) What is your motto? I live by two of them: “Don't Eat Yellow Snow” and "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
Learn more about Tim and get in touch with him here.